ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: RHoops vs. Minnesota

Harper offensive foul with two seconds remaining .Minnesota wins 68-65.Terrible loss against a opponent without 3 leading scorers.The road woes continue.

Reactions: bac2therac
That loss wasn’t on Refs. Refs were perfectly fine. We just missed shots the last 5 minutes and once again Pike doesn’t have anything creative he has come up with in the last 10 seconds. You need to have a play that no one has seen on tape there for a must win game

Reactions: #1 RUFan
This is why I am not sold on this being a good team. No way a good team would lose to a lower team that is short handed. Best Team Ever. L.O.L.

Bad Harper we lose. It was bad Harper. Two wide open threes and bad offensive foul.

The coaching staff has some shortcomings that are hard to overlook. Mainly the inability to EVER ride the hot hand. Either they sub a guy out inexplicably, or they do what they just did there … Geo begging to win the game for us and instead we get 3 missed RHJ shots, a RHJ charge, a Mulcahey missed 3, just don’t get it

That loss wasn’t on Refs. Refs were perfectly fine. We just missed shots the last 5 minutes and once again Pike doesn’t have anything creative he has come up with in the last 10 seconds. You need to have a play that no one has seen on tape there for a must win game
We don't have any plays what do they actually practice

Reactions: RU516
Yes, but the defensive player has already started his feet on either side of Harper. Any contact any he was going down. If this were us, that'd be a cylinder violation.
Stop. That was an unthinking bulldozer drive over a player in position. It was doomed from get go.

Bottom line is this:

the defense was good not great.

I don’t think anyone can say we sucked on d

but no where near as close as intense as against Iowa

if we played with nearly the same intensity as against Iowa we would have taken the heart (and legs) from the Minny players. Would have worn them out (and maybe fouled them out).

big10 commenter just said “Minnesota won this. Rutgers didn’t lose this” I don’t disagree

Had we played with just a bit more intensity I feel we wouldn’t have allowed them to take this the way they did

Same shit from Pikes presser. Minnesota is well coached they have a good team blah blah blah
He’s right this time. They are a very well coached team….and he has a rep for recruiting. Look at what he’s done in the portal after the mass exodus. They got a good one.

You guys are completely incapable of looking past the results of anything and will now focus on a single play at the end of the game and ignore the fact that some guy jacked up 800,000 threes and basically made them all. You are embarrassing.
And you're focused entirely on one guy playing really well, and ignoring everything else.

Take out Baker and Willis, and the rest of our team beat the rest of their team by just 2 points.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT