ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Iowa

It’s games like today why I get upset when my friends send me the stupid bracketology stuff (in early January) or I see dumb tweets about the kenpom ranking haha. Like just win. Forget all that other stuff. This team still struggles with handling success, it’s wild given the last few years. Frustrating. Win Wednesday please.

Reactions: Rokodesh
Nothing about this was embarrassing. We lost to a good Big Ten team. Oh well…on to next week
Sure it was, largest deficit at home in how long, 5yrs.? That's embarrassing for what many touted as Pike's best defense ever. When you do something negative that hasn't been accomplished in a long, long time you've embarrassed yourself.

Got outplayed today. Time to refocus & get ready for the next B1G game.

On the plus side, our talk of a Natty Run
will die down for a bit :)

Reactions: rucoe89 and FrankZ
Not worried bout our team, I don’t even know if the effort was terrible. Just wasn’t connected and Iowa had the offensive skill set that we have trouble guarding. Would’ve liked a better performance, but we will be fine.

If the refs didn’t scree us then we’re 4-1 with wins against 3 of the top teams in conf. Sucks tho to blow this game at home with a chance to be ranked and create some separation. Iowa is going to end up a contender though probably.

If the refs didn’t scree us then we’re 4-1 with wins against 3 of the top teams in conf. Sucks tho to blow this game at home with a chance to be ranked and create some separation. Iowa is going to end up a contender though probably.
I think we'll still be ranked tomorrow

I expected us to win but forgot how good offensively Iowa can be, even without the better McCaffrey. Also forgot they throw that matchup zone at us that has always given us fits. Add in that we did not come to play at all..and it makes sense.

Rutgers is not going to be undefeated. Iowa played as well as anyone could have and shot the lights out. That's basketball.
Again, when you accomplish something negative that hasn't been accomplished in 5yrs. you've embarrassed yourself. They have no one to blame but themselves because they didn't play like they're capable of. No one asked for more they just didn't live up to their past accomplishments.

Time to bring Mag off bench. He’s hurt us all year on the offense end. And I think it’s worst psychologically as he misses bunnies or when we need baskets Bad turnovers. Disaster in open court.

Last edited:
Nothing about this was embarrassing. We lost to a good Big Ten team. Oh well…on to next week
A veteran team playing at home with one of the biggest home court advantages in the country coming out flat and playing gutless is an embarrassment

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT