ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Iowa

I knew it was over when Conner threw a major elbow at cliff and the next possession Paul with a phantom offensive call
That was a ridiculous call at a critical moment. Then they made a couple and we missed a couple. They got bailed out by the refs on multiple possessions. We didn’t play smart enough to overcome it.

Worst officiated game of the season
It's whining fran at home vs. a surprisingly mum again Pike on the road.
Team and coach just don't seem to have that "We're a top team" chip on shoulder.
Back to the deer in headlights road look vs. what we saw earlier season.
We can say we own certain teams but need to admit Iowa owns us.
Ps.. refs were a joke.

#24,999

Reactions: socaldave
Take the fact that the refs will favor the home team and just accept it. What is not acceptable is being out coached and out hustled by Iowa. Plus, Spencer needs to show up sometime soon and we need to do a much better job of securing rebounds and getting out on threes. So plenty besides officiating cost us this game.

We just dont match up well with Iowa yet. They have 4 & 5 shooters and we refuse to stay on our offensive assignments. We can trade 2's not 3's I'd rather them score 60-70 in the paint than rack up 30+ outside arc. You'd figure we'd learn at some point we have to change our defensive philosophy against a team loaded with shooters

Take the fact that the refs will favor the home team and just accept it. What is not acceptable is being out coached and out hustled by Iowa. Plus, Spencer needs to show up sometime soon and we need to do a much better job of securing rebounds and getting out on threes. So plenty besides officiating cost us this game.
We did not take care of the ball. You can't give Iowa extra opportunities to score

Pike has some motivation material. Didn't live up to our identity today.

Seriously - go f$&k yourself

So sick of your schtick.

Yes our d was not stellar and they hit their shots (particularly 1st half)

I don’t expect you to acknowledge the obvious about how that game was called.

When the team that attacked the paint was fouled a LOT less (according to the refs) than the perimeter shooting team - then that is NOT a fairly called game. You’d have to be f’in blind to not see the hacking/ holds iowa was doing on D

we were down 11 by halftime and turned it over 13 times and they hit 8 3s...game was over then period, we got it to 1 based on all heart and effort but you cant stop them a double digit lead and then expect to win

we gave up 93 points and you are whining about refs

calm down you triggered snowflake

Pike needs to play an extended half court defense and force Iowa to beat us going to the rim. Do not let them set high ball screens and rain 3’s over us. In fact, borrow some film from Izzo on how to defend Iowa - he has it figured out.

Pike has some motivation material. Didn't live up to our identity today.
Tough D is rendered impotent when you have guys that can shoot from multiple spots on the floor with high efficiency.

Iowa is just a bad match up. I was impressed with their D but they will lose to teams with high offensive proficiency. That’s not us.

Reactions: Knightmoves
Did the refs turn the ball over 17 times?
Did the refs tell Pike not to defend the perimeter?
Did the refs cause Pike to bench our best defender with 4 fouls? Yep. Did the refs cause Pike to be less aggressive when the fouls kept pulling up? Yep

Reactions: socaldave
We scored 82 points. Our offense was fine

lol, 82 point does not mean its fine, the game was played at a ridiculous tempo because of our poor defense...our offense scored true, because Iowa isnt concentrating on D.

we pissed away possession by turning it over..thats why our offense was so bad.....cam was non existent in the first 30 minutes and missed a key wide open 3., if you think he had a solid offensive game you are wrong. Our offense was ineffective in the first half where the game was lost

we were down 11 by halftime and turned it over 13 times and they hit 8 3s...game was over then period, we got it to 1 based on all heart and effort but you cant stop them a double digit lead and then expect to win

we gave up 93 points and you are whining about refs

calm down you triggered snowflake

You’re a clown

Too bad there are no storms coming. I always enjoy laughing (at you) with your endless asinine , inane harassment of #s (“stop wishing for bad weather”) Truly bizarre behavior

How do we have 18 turnovers against the worst defensive team in the Big ten? Rutgers will not win with 18 turnovers.

Last edited:
Force us inside to your big men. No way we consistently score at the rim.

Force us to your defensive strength
yep. it was a horrible defensive game plan from the beginning and after last game we should have known what to do. Pike can’t seem to solve Frans offense and more than likely it’s his inability to adjust his defensive philosophy for one or two games a year.

You’re a clown

Too bad there are no storms coming. I always enjoy laughing (at you) with your endless asinine , inane harassment of #s (“stop wishing for bad weather”) Truly bizarre behavior

you are the one having a mental breakdown cursing at me on a message board chump

Forget the first half. I had no issues with refs and we were very sloppy. In second half we only had 5 TOs and shot the ball well yet we played them even. Why? Because the refs killed us on the whistle.

Very proud of these kids, they didn't quit. You're not winning 8 against 5 and Fran runs the refs. Still alot of ball left to play. It would be nice to get a fairly reffed game once in a while. Seems to go against us often, but B1G refs pretty much suck in general.
The team plays hard. That’s not in doubt but don’t blame the refs for an atrocious game plan by Pike. Seriously, when is he gonna learn how to defend Iowa setting high ball screens? It’s fairly evident it’s the key to their offense.

Did the refs cause Pike to bench our best defender with 4 fouls? Yep. Did the refs cause Pike to be less aggressive when the fouls kept pulling up? Yep
So you’re saying Caleb didn’t foul? It was pretty clear, no?

Take the fact that the refs will favor the home team and just accept it.
That's just plain bullchit.
Where does it say in the refs handbook or the rule book that the home team gest favored on the calls ? Maybe the league should try to hire some refs who can call a fair game.

Reactions: Rokodesh
Too many turnovers, Mag , McConnell are offense challenged. I still say starting Hyatt should be tried a few games.
Cam has hit a drought.stop complaining about Fouls people with 18 turnovers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT