ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD: Rutgers Men’s Basketball Heads to East Lansing to Take on Michigan State Thursday Night

The soft p

Lol

Watch the play...cliff has zero to do with that shot

They had open 3s all night

The D was poor
It’s 5 on 4, what the actual ****? You would think you would at least concede that one but you apparently are literally, functionally incapable of moving beyond “opponent made shot, defense bad”

We just didn’t make shots. Your comment is nonsensical. No offense. Just a dumb comment
I love guys like you who are so high and mighty that you can just come on here on be so judgemental about another person's opinion. Not just disagree and explain why but just belittle.
No offense. Lol.

Why I put you on ignore prior. You explain why we can't win there after Izzo kisses pikes ass all week. But I'll leave that to others to read cause you can now kiss mine again.

I love guys like you who are so high and mighty that you can just come on here on be so judgemental about another person's opinion. Not just disagree and explain why but just belittle.
No offense. Lol.

Why I put you on ignore prior. You explain why we can't win there after Izzo kisses pikes ass all week. But I'll leave that to others to read cause you can now kiss mine again.
Opinions can be really, really dumb.

You know, like ones where you attribute our bad record there (and at Michigan etc) to something other than the fact that we were woefully bad in general until like 3 years ago.

Reactions: RUDiddy777
Opinions can be really, really dumb.

You know, like ones where you attribute our bad record there (and at Michigan etc) to something other than the fact that we were woefully bad in general until like 3 years ago.

It can never be what is completely obvious.

Reactions: fluoxetine
No offense. Lol.

Sorry about that. Your comments just rubbed me the wrong way and that’s my fault. Look bball is largely chance when you have two evenly matched teams. Pike is a great coach as is Izzo. But pike has crushed Izzo in pway. To suggest Izzo is in his head where the outcome was literally his players just happened to make 3’s tonight while ours couldn’t buy one just irks the shit out of me. No offense. I need to be better

Reactions: pmvon
No offense. Lol.

Were those magical kisses that threw Pike off but also managed to make us shoot 2-17 from 3?

Sorry about that. Your comments just rubbed me the wrong way and that’s my fault. Look bball is largely chance when you have two evenly matched teams. Pike is a great coach as is Izzo. But pike has crushed Izzo in pway. To suggest Izzo is in his head where the outcome was literally his players just happened to make 3’s tonight while ours couldn’t buy one just irks the shit out of me. No offense. I need to be better

let-the-hate-flow-through-you-sidious.gif

Reactions: bethlehemfan
I’m 100% with you on criticizing the 3 pt defense tonight. Credit Izzo and MSU to some extent, but that was not a pounding nails Pike defensive effort. Focal point of your recap, I’m sure.

there will not be much of a recap...that performance across the board does not deserve it.

I dont know how anyone can watch RU defense all year and then get their panties in wad because the defense is called out tonight for being poor. Yes RUs defense has given open looks all year but much of that is done by rushing the other teams offense, that wasnt happening tonight, those were open looks by a calm and confident Sparty team in passing the ball. And there were at least 4-5 completely open looks and one poster here says cliff injury was responsbile..gtfoh with that...saw the replay, had zero to do with it. RU overpursued which they did all night and Pike never corrected it

is this satire...they outscored RU 65-43 over the last 34 minutes...please tell me its satire...only on a Rutgers board would someone say we outplayed them
Not at all. stand by my statement. We had great looks and shots weren’t falling. Plus we sucked at the line as well. MSU made everything. most of the 1st half were contested 3s late in the shot clock.

• Haha
Reactions: bac2therac
Yes we are 0-7, including games under Eddie Jordan and games where we had very bad teams because Izzo is in Pike’s head.

Funny is charitable
Well let's start with the facts. Pike is 0-6 @ MSU not Jordan.

Jan 17 lost 93-65
Jan 18 lost 72-76
Feb 19 lost 60-71
Dec 19 lost 65-77
Jan 32 lost 45-68
Jan 23 lost 57-70

Six game avg. 60-72.5

And btw, the coach decided if the team should continue to jack up threes. Up unless you three think this is just one big pickup game.

I bet you three are young. Because my generation didn't have cell phones to say things about being dumb. We did it face to face and accepted potential consequences.

Jan 17 lost 93-65
Jan 18 lost 72-76
Feb 19 lost 60-71
Dec 19 lost 65-77
Jan 32 lost 45-68
Jan 23 lost 57-70

Six game avg. 60-72.5

And btw, the coach decided if the team should continue to jack up threes. Up unless you three think this is just one big pickup game.

I bet you three are young. Because my generation didn't have cell phones to say things about being dumb. We did it face to face and accepted potential consequences.

This is a silly argument. It’s always tough to win on the road. Even tougher to win against Izzo at home. Even tougher with them coming off of a brutal loss. We were within striking distance most of the game, despite playing a good team, good coach and enthusiastic crowd that might have been a bit overserved since it’s a Thursday. Once those shots started to fall, that crowd carried them. Same thing happens for us at home.

It’s 5 on 4, what the actual ****? You would think you would at least concede that one but you apparently are literally, functionally incapable of moving beyond “opponent made shot, defense bad”
Your overall point about 3 point shooting is right. You're wrong on this play. 4 guys collapsed around the initial long pass. That was the problem. Cliff wasn't closing out on a 3 point shooter there

Reactions: bac2therac

Jan 17 lost 93-65
This team was 3-15 in the Big Ten. Did you have high hopes for the MSU road game?
Jan 18 lost 72-76
This team was 3-15 in the Big Ten and took MSU (who went 30-5 that season) to overtime on the road. Do you view that as a failure?
Feb 19 lost 60-71
Michigan St was 32-7 that year and finished #3 in kenpom. Did you have high hopes for this MSU road game?
Dec 19 lost 65-77
At least now we have a good Rutgers team. But wait, Michigan St was #7 in kenpom this year. Did you have high hopes for this MSU road game?
Jan 32 lost 45-68
I'll grant you this one, it sucked
Jan 23 lost 57-70
Meh, it's the past we're arguing about.
Six game avg. 60-72.5

Yes, because "stop shooting threes" is not a viable basketball strategy and Cam Spencer is a 40% career three point shooter. He should not stop shooting them. (Caleb McConnell should stop shooting them)
Yes, you cracked it, the internet is different than face-to-face interaction. In real life if you said these dumb things I'd just ignore you and go talk to someone else. This is not because I'm afraid of lol "consequences" (what are you going to do, punch me? Then I would really know you're dumb) but because it's a different mode of interaction with different rules and norms.

Your overall point about 3 point shooting is right. You're wrong on this play. 4 guys collapsed around the initial long pass. That was the problem. Cliff wasn't closing out on a 3 point shooter there
People were standing around looking at Cliff as he shot that. Maybe he would've been open anyway but the play is broken with a guy completely missing.

I want to be clear that I'm not saying "that's Cliff's guy, he's open directly because Cliff is not covering him". But either way it's not relevant to the overall point I agree.

This team was 3-15 in the Big Ten. Did you have high hopes for the MSU road game?

This team was 3-15 in the Big Ten and took MSU (who went 30-5 that season) to overtime on the road. Do you view that as a failure?

Michigan St was 32-7 that year and finished #3 in kenpom. Did you have high hopes for this MSU road game?

At least now we have a good Rutgers team. But wait, Michigan St was #7 in kenpom this year. Did you have high hopes for this MSU road game?

I'll grant you this one, it sucked

Meh, it's the past we're arguing about.

Yes, because "stop shooting threes" is not a viable basketball strategy and Cam Spencer is a 40% career three point shooter. He should not stop shooting them. (Caleb McConnell should stop shooting them)

Yes, you cracked it, the internet is different than face-to-face interaction. In real life if you said these dumb things I'd just ignore you and go talk to someone else. This is not because I'm afraid of lol "consequences" (what are you going to do, punch me? Then I would really know you're dumb) but because it's a different mode of interaction with different rules and norms.
You moved the goal posts.
No I wouldn't punch you. I'd have already walked away.

• Haha
Reactions: Scangg
Tough night, the difference between being a tournament team and a team that makes it to the second weekend are going to be Our leaders stepping up and night in and out, playing smart. Not our best night, and Izzo is one of the best coaches in the country. It showed tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT