ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers vs. Indiana

Finish the deal. Play Young 16 minutes in 2nd half. Not ridiculous, 31 years is a long ff time. Want to see effort.

Family in the stands and a bit of emotion from them got us going. I don’t think there is another team in the country that plays better off the atmosphere, crowd and emotion.

Last edited:
This was fueled by much better defense, but it actually STARTED with a three by Geo and then a three (off a curl no less) by Paul.

Have to come out on fire... start mathis in the Jacob Young harras the ball roll. Don't want an early 3rd foul on Young.

And keep shooting those threes... with confidence.
Ok, but gotta be careful of falling in love with the threes. And Mathis? Really? Keep this lineup for most of the half until it doesn't work.

Reactions: Mr Magoo
Family in the stands and a bit of emotion from them got us going. I don’t think there is another team in the country that plays better of the atmosphere, crowd and emotion.

Definitely not.

A full RAC all season..this is a top 20 team

Which team shows up in the second half? The one from the first 12 minutes or the one from the last 8 minutes?

Ok, but gotta be careful of falling in love with the threes. And Mathis? Really? Keep this lineup for most of the half until it doesn't work.
Don't want the refs able to calla quick foul on Young.. I think we'll get more minutes from him by NOT starting him this half.

I’m just so confused on those movie screens by # 23 — He will actually move several times in a sequence over a few seconds.

Yes it does. We are playing FAST and Indiana is scrambling on D

Please stop. We have seen this lineup before and Ron has the same amount of 3s tonight as he has had over past 8 games. Tonight he is 2-3 over last 8 games he is 2-32. Geo is 4-6 tonight compared to 4-14 over last 4 games. Must be the line up. Come on. Let’s me guess when Ron and geo go cold it won’t be the lineup anymore.

You guys will say anything to be right.

Please stop. We have seen this lineup before and Ron has the same amount of 3s tonight as he has had over past 8 games. Tonight he is 2-3 over last 8 games he is 2-32. Geo is 4-6 tonight compared to 4-14 over last 4 games. Must be the line up. Come on. Let’s me guess when Ron and geo go cold it won’t be the lineup anymore.

We haven’t seen this line up consistently in months

Reactions: bac2therac
Down 7-4 foul calls. Please, please don’t drain me in the 2nd half. We have been suffering for decades with this program.

Reactions: Arizona Knight
Amazing what a few made baskets can do. This board goes from “fire pike” to euphoria. People on this board can be ridiculous.
Welcome to the official game thread ethos. Has always been very bipolar. 😀

I guess, when people‘s parents taught them “when you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all“, a few of our fans might not have been fully paying attention.

Exactly. We may not agree on COVID, lol, but 110% agree with this post. Make shots and everything is easy, miss them and the coaches, the rotations, the Twitter, the everything is to blame...but not the shooters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT