ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAMEDAY THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Bucknell

tumblr_m4z5mpU8N41qzp9b7o1_500.gif

I'll take it.

I am amazed at how this team can make an opponent look like a bad team. Wake looked bad and then beat Dake. Is Bucknell this bad or are we this good. This is a fun team to watch when they are on their game.

I am amazed at how this team can make an opponent look like a bad team. Wake looked bad and then beat Dake. Is Bucknell this bad or are we this good. This is a fun team to watch when they are on their game.
Wake is decent but Bucknell is 243 in kenpom. They absolutely stink.

This is the way top teams will play as long as the NET rewards these gaudy lopsided wins. If you have the talent to do it, teams will be running it up every chance they get. 5 out of 8 wins have been of the 30-40 point variety with 24pts vs Wake and 15pts vs Indiana.

No pep band tonite
2014-2018 never once was their no pep band game .. mens or womens, even when the women were terrible and there’s be 40 fans there (or under Eddie) .. winter break was the alumni band. Very shocked and sad to see this

Gonna be pretty empty at the RAC, I think, due to the dangerous weather/road conditions. Our guys are going to have to make their own energy.
Arena was pretty much full. Some no shows in the 100s. And the county roads were totally fine.

Reactions: Degaz-RU
Nice!! Yes trying out the new bear cafe this evening.

Meh!
But still beautiful along the Esopus.
Did it the other night. It was awesome. Had the trout. Did Bear Cantina today for lunch. Awesome. Did Silvia last night. Worth it as well

2014-2018 never once was their no pep band game .. mens or womens, even when the women were terrible and there’s be 40 fans there (or under Eddie) .. winter break was the alumni band. Very shocked and sad to see this
They were supposed to play - It was a late decision to cancel - my son got the email as he was heading up for the game. Not sure if it was a preventative measure or if a lot of kids backed out at the last minute.

Reactions: ScarletDave
They were supposed to play - It was a late decision to cancel - my son got the email as he was heading up for the game. Not sure if it was a preventative measure or if a lot of kids backed out at the last minute.
I was also shocked not to see the pep band but understand if they were worried about students getting to the game in this weather.

I was also amazed how bad our speakers are and we couldn't get a decent recording of the fight song to play. Also when they were doing the tribute to title 9 I could not understand one word on what the players were saying.

Did it the other night. It was awesome. Had the trout. Did Bear Cantina today for lunch. Awesome. Did Silvia last night. Worth it as well
I was hoping it would capture a bit of the magic of the bear cafe from the days when Peter owned it, ok rv even Sha Wu from before Peter.

For me it didn't. I had filet, it was... Ok. My daughter's filet was overcooked and my wife's chop was ok.

Silvia's we don't go to anymore. Food is delicious.

One issue for us, neither place had either a kid's menu or any flexibility. Last year at Silvia's we ordered an unpriced steak for our 4 yo daughter (and they knew it was for her) and were shocked it was $80. And no one never it out questioned is when we ordered. We paid what was asked but were turned off. Lesson learned.

We will try Cantina.

Enjoy the holiday weekend.
Loyal

I was hoping it would capture a bit of the magic of the bear cafe from the days when Peter owned it, ok rv even Sha Wu from before Peter.

For me it didn't. I had filet, it was... Ok. My daughter's filet was overcooked and my wife's chop was ok.

Silvia's we don't go to anymore. Food is delicious.

One issue for us, neither place had either a kid's menu or any flexibility. Last year at Silvia's we ordered an unpriced steak for our 4 yo daughter (and they knew it was for her) and were shocked it was $80. And no one never it out questioned is when we ordered. We paid what was asked but were turned off. Lesson learned.

We will try Cantina.

Enjoy the holiday weekend.
Loyal
Gotcha on all accounts. Wife had pork at Bear Cafe and thought it was dry. I had a bite and thought ok. So be it. 80 for child’s meal is wrong. At Silvia’s had the chicken schnitzel. Very good. No children for us. Granddaughter just landed. Hanging at home. Doing Good Night on Tuesday. Merry Christmas

they most certainly didnt coast but any complaints about the first half were not really warranted, team does not need to play perfect
I didn't bring up coasting as something that could be done. You did. Coasting is never good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT