ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAMEDAY THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Temple

Theres no geo and ron to save us in games like this

Alot of unproven guys on this roster
Next year there will be no Geo, no Ron, no Paul, no Cliff, no Caleb. Their replacements will have a tall task given the mediocre recruiting, No matter how good Griffith turns out to be, he will need a lot of help.

Mag legit doesn’t know when to dribble. It’s concerning. Every game hes good for at least one walking TO

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
Well that was frustrating as hell. Cliff is clearly not 100%. Hopefully we heal up quick. Long drive home now

Very disappointed with Spencer. I thought at the very least he would get us some baskets
I think there was reason he was in the Patriot League (no offense to him) - but things here just on a different level. I think he will be somewhat effective, but he is not 'Next Man Up' for Ron or Geo.

The sky isn't falling, pigs aren't flying, 💩 happens. We were without our starting PG. We win this if he's healthy, end of story.

Reactions: elvis7
I think there was reason he was in the Patriot League (no offense to him) - but things here just on a different level. I think he will be somewhat effective, but he is not 'Next Man Up' for Ron or Geo.
He’ll replace Geo when all is said and done. Geo has bad games too.

4 turnovers..bad shot selection..hes a 4th year player we need to raise expectations on him....but
I'm not impressed in the least. He needs to understand the game and the situation. Why on a fast break you would hoist a 3 with no body on boards. No need for it when you have a pssesion you need points on. Way too many missed opportunities on TO's and bad shot selections. Temple tried to give us the game

Give them credit for not giving up, but it was a little too late. Halftime deficit put them in a bad spot. Lesson learned, play out of conference games at home. As we've seen in the past this team sometimes starts out slow. With Paul and Caleb we probably win this game. Team was out of rhythm today.

Reactions: bethlehemfan
The sky isn't falling, pigs aren't flying, 💩 happens. We were without our starting PG. We win this if he's healthy, end of story.
We were without the starting point guard and the big ten defensive player of the year. This is an easy win full strength. Actually liked the growth I saw the second half. We will be fine.

Spencer and Cliff were the high scorers with 17 and 21 points many of which occured at the end of game in uncontested shots.

One bright spot was that after I thought we might not score again after the first half, we scored 43 in the second half….with only one 3, no less.

Reactions: BillyC80 and satnom
We were without the starting point guard and the big ten defensive player of the year. This is an easy win full strength. Actually liked the growth I saw the second half. We will be fine.
The issue is that Cam was brought in here to score. Let's remember that while Caleb is an absolute Stud defensively, his offense has been inconsistent at best through the years. The hope is he comes back this year and puts it all together. Either way we need Cam's offense. What I saw tonight in Cam was someone who was struggling with the athleticism of the game.

He’ll replace Geo when all is said and done. Geo has bad games too.
Guy I saw tonight cannot replace Geo. This was not just about having a bad game - this was about not being able to keep up with a step up in class athletically with Temple.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT