ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Rutgers vs. Indiana

Yes I did. I understand Schiano has some value, but beating an equally horrible team at home is not my barometer for success, and it shouldn't be yours either. We will likely only win 1 game at most the rest of the season so this victory, albiet nice in the moment, will not meaningful improve our recruiting or have anyone outside our most ardent fans take any notice.
Haha! Admit it, you were wrong.

Reactions: zebnatto
Might be time @RutgersSam and @bac2therac apologize. They crucified the program earlier.

I dont need to apologize, the team played like hot garbage in the first quarter totally kicked in teeth, following up on an inexplicable decision on the kick off with two no responses on offense and allowing Indiana to carve up RU pass after pass after pass going up 14-0 and threatening to go up 21-0 before the RU defense finally figured things out

Great win today but we are suppose to beat Indiana at this point considering how we thrashed them last year and Ill add more in other threads. The team chopped and overcame a horrific anemic start. It was a perfect Greg Schiano game, just not my taste to stomach. The offense does just enough to win and heavy reliance on D. Its a thread the needle kind of path to victory that only will work against the middle to bottom teams in the league.RU finally played mistake free football and cut back on penalities and didnt play Simon. Those were the keys to the game and in the end the difference makers. I thought Schiano outcoached the Indiana guy who I thought coached a poor game after he had RU on their heels

Reactions: RUScrew85
OC who should have been fired a year ago gets canned and we put up the most points of the season, not counting Wagner.

24 isn’t something to brag about but the offense looked organized and somewhat confident. A massive upgrade.

Reactions: RUDead and Rokodesh
I dont need to apologize, the team played like hot garbage in the first quarter totally kicked in teeth, following up on an inexplicable decision on the kick off with two no responses on offense and allowing Indiana to carve up RU pass after pass after pass going up 14-0 and threatening to go up 21-0 before the RU defense finally figured things out

Great win today but we are suppose to beat Indiana at this point considering how we thrashed them last year and Ill add more in other threads. The team chopped and overcame a horrific anemic start. It was a perfect Greg Schiano game, just not my taste to stomach. The offense does just enough to win and heavy reliance on D. Its a thread the needle kind of path to victory that only will work against the middle to bottom teams in the league.RU finally played mistake free football and cut back on penalities and didnt play Simon. Those were the keys to the game and in the end the difference makers. I thought Schiano outcoached the Indiana guy who I thought coached a poor game after he had RU on their heels
Typical excuses from you when you prematurely ej_____t. And it happens all too much

OC who should have been fired a year ago gets canned and we put up the most points of the season, not counting Wagner.

24 isn’t something to brag about but the offense looked organized and somewhat confident. A massive upgrade.
OC doesn't get to take credit for the pick 6.

OC doesn't get to take credit for the pick 6.
Fair enough but 6 of the points in the BC game, the previous season high (not counting Wagner) came on a 2 play drive that started on the BC 6 yard line.

Doesn’t take away from the original point. Offense looked significantly more organized.

Looking back at the first 50 comments on this thread that is where the real loser non-fans are!
Yep- I saw the first 2 pages and stopped- did any of them come back and just admit they were ass's?

Or did they come back about how they were right and we got lucky we figured it out. lol

Multiple top 25 seasons? That would be 1 season, out of 11, which was 16 years ago. Outside of that he had 2 other successful season in a very weak conference against one of the worst schedules in the country. He went 5-2 in conference those years but of course never won the conference. Pretty much anyone above .500 makes a bowl game, and in a weak conference against a horrible schedule, if you didn't actually finish above .500, you'd be considered ridiculously bad. So yes, Schiano isn't ridiculously bad. But that is a long way from saying he isn't over his head in the B1G. Judging by his resume after he left Rutgers, nothing indicates he has the wherewithal to be successful at anything other than a substandard conference like the Big East back in the early 2000s.

Add to that the slate of failures when he actually started to build some moderate momentum... New Hampshire, Louisville, West Virginia, Cincy, etc, etc. Many more deflating losses than major victories with Schiano's 1.0. Can't let nostalgia obscure the facts.

Every loss is deflating, but once you’re generally competitive only a small number of the wins are still considered ‘major.’ The deflating losses are almost by definition going to outnumber significant wins for almost all of the programs in college football. Before going to Rutgers I was a fan of another program; a very successful one. Almost every season was a let down because they’d finish 9-3 or 10-2 when the hope was for 12-0.

The goal here is to get competitive and go to bowl games: some years things might fall into place for a serious run. If you want 12-0 expectations every year, go root for Alabama or Ohio State, or go get the school a lot of f*cking money.

Edit: one more note, you hold Schiano pt. I against expectations that he permitted you to have in the first place. If the year 2000 version of you was told that Schiano would go to six bowl games, reach the top-25 in three seasons, reach top-10 in two, deliver a L’ville type win, draw enough fans to warrant stadium expansion, you’d have said “sign me the f—k up.” Only after you took winning for granted, a luxury which Schiano delivered, did you complain good isn’t good enough. Let’s try to get back to good. Idk if Schiano will get there, but he’s done it before, and that’s undeniable.

Last edited:
Reactions: RU848789 and mdk01
Yup. Looks like the problem might not have Gleason. We’re narrowing it down.
Amazing one person says game over at 7-0 and many others predetermine it’s the same offense after one series! I mean really? When do you people learn. Your like 3 year old kids that need gratification instantly!!!! Always amazes me

Reactions: fsg2

Here’s the problem bac. You vomit all over the board when things aren‘t going well. But when the team starts to perform, you disappear (to your credit, this is contrary to your approach to RU hoops). Then you come back a day later and say “yeah, well we should beat Indiana.”

We were all pissed at the beginning of yesterday’s game — myself included, as evidenced in the game thread. But I also posted positively when things turned around. You do not.

If you don’t like the current philosophy GS is employing, fine. But if you’re gonna be a noisy negative presence, show up at the good times too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT