ADVERTISEMENT

Games of Interest - Ho-ho-ho edition

BeKnighted

Heisman Winner
Jan 15, 2003
I don't know if these are exhibitions or what - they don't appear on the regular schedule.

Meredith Angels 68 North Carolina Wesleyan Battling Bishops 67 - the score was tight, but the result was preordained
Hampshire Black Sheep 68 Texas College Steers 56 - 1st game of the Nativity Scene Classic
Jacksonville Gamecocks 75 Central Missouri Mules 57 - 2nd game; Central Missouri stubbornly stuck with player-to-player defense
Centenary Ladies 72 Kenyon Lords 63 - Ladies won despite dressing only 9
Delaware Blue Hens 65 Gainesville Geese 32 - Did you know Blue Hens were French?
Hamline Pipers 86 Long Island University Blackbirds* 79 - Pipers mesmerized Blackbirds' players with their songs

*According to The Internet, "calling birds" is a corruption of "colly birds," which means blackbirds. Seriously.

(Although all of the names are real, the results are like Santa Claus - real if you truly believe in them.)

Last edited:
I don't know if these are exhibitions or what - they don't appear on the regular schedule.

Meredith Angels 68 North Carolina Wesleyan Battling Bishops 67 - the score was tight, but the result was preordained
Hampshire Black Sheep 68 Texas College Steers 56 - 1st game of the Nativity Scene Classic
Jacksonville Gamecocks 75 Central Missouri Mules 57 - 2nd game; Central Missouri stubbornly stuck with player-to-player defense
Centenary Ladies 72 Kenyon Lords 63 - Ladies won despite dressing only 9
Delaware Blue Hens 65 Gainesville Geese 32 - Did you know Blue Hens were French?
Hamline Pipers 86 Long Island University Blackbirds* 79 - Pipers mesmerized Blackbirds' players with their songs

*According to The Internet, "calling birds" is a corruption of "colly birds," which means blackbirds. Seriously.

(Although all of the names are real, the results are like Santa Claus - real if you truly believe in them.)
Superb.

*Oddly enough, I learned the 12 days as "colly birds" - in an early 1900's Christmas Music Book that was an "around the world" type of thing. Didn't know what a "colly bird" was, of course. Played many a song from that book at the piano when I was young.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT