1) #12 Illinois
2) PSU
3) #15 Wisconsin
4) @ Indiana
5) @ #5 Purdue
6) @ Michigan

In summary:
1) I always have more confidence at home than on road
2) PSU probably should be 1st on this list, but after that Wisconsin victory, I can see the RAC at a fever pitch on Wednesday and simply willing the W
3) I have Purdue above Michigan since we've had success there, and we've only beaten Michigan once for goodness sake

Having Illinois above PSU is batshit, but I get it lol. We’ve been playing up/down to our competition all year long.

I want those Michigan and Indiana games baaaaad, like….so bad.

Being that I can’t attend the games, I don’t care as much about getting home wins. Give me Michigan, Indiana and PSU and I’m very happy.

One more than that and I’m ecstatic.

One more than that and we’ve got ourselves a double bye in the B1G Tourney.

One more than that and we would (probably) win the damn conference lol.

I'll go:

1. PSt - assuming we are at full strength and not coming off a 1-4 or 0-5 stretch, we will crush them

[Pretty good gap]

2. Wisky - of all the top half teams, we match up best with these guys

[Another pretty good gap]

3. @Indiana
4. @ Mich

[small gap]

5. Ill
6. @ Purdue

This is the only correct answer. Maybe you can make a case for flopping Indiana and Wisconsin but wiscy has been great on the road this year
Yea, I considered flipping those 2, but went with our domination of Indiana and the fact it's hard to beat a good team twice in a couple weeks apart with Wisconsin. I don't think Indiana is all that good.

Reactions: ScarletR30
Crazy to hear so many Wisconsin fans call the Kohl Center a morgue. They have been one of the best roads teams all year though.

It is not going to be easy to win 3 of 6 to get to 12-8, which is my threshold for being a lock for the tourney. The only game I feel very confident in winning is the PSU game, assuming it's a must win to get to 12 (or even 11). The rest are really hard, especially the next 2, IMO, as we could play very well and still lose both. I think both at UM and IU are "easier" games than our next two and WI, while at home, will be very tough too. But being on the bubble playing meaningful games at the end of the season is still light years better than our end-of-season role for most of the past 30 years, i.e., that of a spoiler. I have no idea how we'll finish, but I know we can win all of them if we play like we've played the last 3 games - just don't know how realistic it is to expect to sustain that high of a level of play. My only guarantee: it's going to be heart-stopping fun, with some agony mixed in...

Reactions: Scangg
IMO, I can't count us out of any of these games.

1 PSU - Home game against a team we "should" beat.

2 Indiana - We've done well against Indiana in recent years, and I think our offense is more likely to overcome their defense than vice versa

3 Illinois - The 12/3 game was a different RU team than we've seen in months. We were without Baker, Jones led the team in minutes and shots, and Agee got 18 minutes to Reiber's 6... while we managed to earn just 4 FTs. Plus a home game in a rockin' RAC coming off of 3 huge wins.

4 Michigan - Michigan will be looking for redemption, and on their home court. Going to be a tough environment. We proved we could beat a good team away from the RAC, but we played a damn good game against Wisky for 40 minutes. Can't blink in this one. They'll have a lot of video on us at our best, and I'm sure they will come in with a good plan. Don't see us shooting as well as we did the first time around.

5 Wisconsin - Wisconsin is going to be out for blood, and we managed to hold Davis to 11 in a close game throughout. They'll have a lot of video on us at our best, and I'm sure they will come in with a good plan. Going to be tough to sweep them.

6 Purdue - Purdue has a great team, and they'll also be out for blood and fighting for seeding. They won't be overlooking us, though we'll have Baker this time around.

Reactions: Scangg
Well Rutgers does or doesn’t feel they are the equal to at least 4 of these other team coming up. We need to win both at HOME and at least one of the away games. To get that bid we better win at least 3 before the B1G tourney.

Looking at the remaining 6, my confidence level of a W:
1) #12 Illinois
2) PSU
3) #15 Wisconsin
4) @ Indiana
5) @ #5 Purdue
6) @ Michigan

In summary:
1) I always have more confidence at home than on road
2) PSU probably should be 1st on this list, but after that Wisconsin victory, I can see the RAC at a fever pitch on Wednesday and simply willing the W
3) I have Purdue above Michigan since we've had success there, and we've only beaten Michigan once for goodness sake
Got the easy one out of the way lol

I think we totally overwhelmed Wisconsin on the road with defense. I don’t see us losing to them at home. Cliff and Paul keep getting better and better. And the J-M’s RAC is tough to beat. We are all waiting for the RU curse, but I think we won’t see it !

And the correct answers were (based solely on margin of victory/loss):

1) #12 Illinois (+11)
2) @ Indiana (+3)
3) PSU (+1)
---
4) #15 Wisconsin (-5)
5) @ Michigan (-9)
6) @ #5 Purdue (-12)

Just had a great feeling about Illinois.

Reactions: RUChoppin
And the correct answers were (based solely on margin of victory/loss):

1) #12 Illinois (+11)
2) @ Indiana (+3)
3) PSU (+1)
---
4) #15 Wisconsin (-5)
5) @ Michigan (-9)
6) @ #5 Purdue (-12)

Just had a great feeling about Illinois.

At least I was right with my top three/bottom three :)

Reactions: FrankZ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT