ADVERTISEMENT

Geo Baker - starter or reserve?

I understand the concern but we had a lineup without Geo in it for the illni game and we handled that just fine (actually Ron made a couple early 3s and we got out to a strong start). I personally think he comes off the bench again for a couple reasons:

1. Caught a photo on twitter today of the morning shoot around and maybe speculating, but saw Geo in a black jersey with the likes of Nathan and Young where as I saw Caleb in red so based on that think it might be another reserve game for him.

2. He clearly is not a 100% yet with his thumb which is fine, but having him out there in the so called 2nd unit with JY and Paul allows him to play off ball and not have to handle as much and to me I think that is where he might be able to get some better looks from 3 or create. Plus having him with JY and Paul gives you three guards who can score and handle. The 1st unit has some guys who can score so I like the balance.

In the end he will be in there during crunch time which is important and can keep him fresh.

Reactions: RutgHoops
Young, Baker, McConnell, Harper, Mulcahy/Myles (offense-defense) is how we finished the Minny game. Matters who is on the floor at the end (imo). If Baker is cool with coming off the bench for the time being and that is how Coach P wants to set his rotation I am perfect with it.

Reactions: Scangg
Like bringing him off the bench til he’s 100%. For one, no need to mess with McConnell’s mojo right now. Also I like the ability to bring Baker off the bench for a perceived “spark” if we get out to a sluggish start

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT