ADVERTISEMENT

Geo should ask Avery Brooks to voiceover The Knighthood ad

It's criminal that we have had three new Star Trek shows (four if you count the cartoon with Janeway) in the past few years - and they haven't capitalized on bringing Captain Sisko back from the prophets.

It's criminal that we have had three new Star Trek shows (four if you count the cartoon with Janeway) in the past few years - and they haven't capitalized on bringing Captain Sisko back from the prophets.
TNG was the big ratings grabber, not DS9. His return would be nothing but a cameo in Picard or whatever. Ds9 was my personal favorite of all the shows.

TNG was the big ratings grabber, not DS9. His return would be nothing but a cameo in Picard or whatever. Ds9 was my personal favorite of all the shows.
DS9 is so underrated. I love TNG, but I think DS9 was able to expand on TNG storylines with more depth to them. It was less sci-fi and more typical drama. DS9 was unfairly punished because of this. A fan at a Star Trek Convention told me since they didn't travel like TNG or the original Star Trek, fans weren't as thrilled about the show.

Btw, Avery Brook's wife (Vicky) is super cool and nice. My wife worked under her when we were in school.

Last edited:
DS9 is so underrated. I love TNG, but I think DS9 was able to expand on TNG storylines with more depth to them. It was less sci-fi and more typical drama. DS9 was unfairly punished because of this. A fan at a Star Trek Convention told me since they didn't travel like TNG or the original Star Trek, fans weren't as thrilled about the show.

Btw, Avery Brook's wife (Vicky) is super cool and nice. My wife worked under her when we were in school.
I agree with your take and glad to hear that his wife is cool. It took me a few seasons for me to come around on him being a good commander of the station but I eventually became a huge fan.

I'm a big Trekkie and collect the books that have been released. They ended up continuing DS9 in book form and the first 10 or so books were pretty fantastic. It was essentially season 8 of the show. It eventually lost its way a bit before it got ended due to the startup of all the new shows but it had an excellent run for a long stretch.

Reactions: cubuffsdoug
I agree with your take and glad to hear that his wife is cool. It took me a few seasons for me to come around on him being a good commander of the station but I eventually became a huge fan.

I'm a big Trekkie and collect the books that have been released. They ended up continuing DS9 in book form and the first 10 or so books were pretty fantastic. It was essentially season 8 of the show. It eventually lost its way a bit before it got ended due to the startup of all the new shows but it had an excellent run for a long stretch.
Agree DS9 was underrated. My understanding is that Brooks never embraced the role or the Trekker scene.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT