ADVERTISEMENT

Go get Matt Hegarty

WPUknight

Senior
Oct 23, 2008
Notre Dame lineman to pursuit graduate transfer. Started 11 of the 13 games last year for Irish.

Flood has done so well getting these 5th year guys, I think this would be a huge help for next year.

I don't remember reading about his story. He had a stroke in 2012. Obviously, he was medically cleared to play after his recovery since he started so many games last year.

Wow if a 5th yer senior center falls in our lap we are truly blessed for next season.

I'm sure Flood is already aware. BTW next year will be Derrick Nelsons 4th in the program, I sure as hell hope he's ready

I wonder what kind of grad program he's looking for. He is originally from New Mexico, so geographically, that may not work to our benefit, but many students do choose to study in another part of the country for grad school, so let's hope he gives us a look. From that brief piece, it seems that he is definitely looking for a situation where he will get to play, so we may be able to offer that.

Would probably be Rutgers first-ever New Mexico native in the program. Kind of doubt it.

Originally posted by PatrickRU92:
have to say my biggest worry is the Scumbag School from the West. They are hurting for Oline help.
Pretty sure their Stanford transfer was a center.

Is Lumpkin, Miller, Haegerty, Muller, Denman better than Lumpkin, Miller, Muller, Cole/Brodie, Denman. Look if we can get Haegerty we should. He started at center last year because their starting center hurt his hand, that kid is back and will be the starting center.

Originally posted by ecojew:
I wonder what kind of grad program he's looking for. He is originally from New Mexico, so geographically, that may not work to our benefit, but many students do choose to study in another part of the country for grad school, so let's hope he gives us a look. From that brief piece, it seems that he is definitely looking for a situation where he will get to play, so we may be able to offer that.
Well he is a business consulting major and NYC has anchor offices for all the major consulting firms; if he wanted to do an early summer internship in the city and then land a job next spring.

Originally posted by RCTrooper:

Originally posted by ecojew:
Well he is a business consulting major and NYC has anchor offices for all the major consulting firms; if he wanted to do an early summer internship in the city and then land a job next spring.
NYC is the perfect attraction, I think, for any 5th year grad transfer. The cultural and financial center of the US. If you can make it to the NFL, great. If not, you are perfectly set up at RU to jumpstart your career in NY, and from there, you can do anything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT