ADVERTISEMENT

Setting up for the Virginia Tech (VT) game

Tulane was a skeleton of a football team when VT played them in that bowl last year. They were missing their coach, starting QB, top WR and several other pieces. They turned the ball over 5 times, and they were still in it going into the 4th quarter. Drones put up passing number's reminiscent of Wimsatt's during that game. There were a few busted plays where he ripped off long runs and that's how they won.

In no world will VT be as difficult as USC, Nebraska or Wisconsin. All 3 are better than VT.

Freaky things are gonna happen in their favor playing them at Lane Stadium. I don't know if we win, but I can tell you this. I badly want to win this not just for us but for the Big Ten. I grew up in VT country and went to a high school where the VT logo was on hats, bumper stickers and even painted on barns everywhere you look. VT fans do not understand the higher level of football we've been exposed to and had to endure the last 10 years. That I am certain of. They don't.

I want to win because I love the guys on our team. I also want to win to see the stunned faces of VT fans on the way out. My guess is 90% of them think last year was a fluke and we're still the same team from the 90s.

Agreed. I like the way our schedule is set up. Now we have to go out and execute to plan. Va Tech is a much different team than we played them early in the season. They finished very strong. Playing them at their place will be a tremendous test. I put Va Tech as the second best team on our schedule, behind Wisky. Wisky gives us fits. The Pac teams are still unknowns. As you say I like where we have UW. UW is not the same team and USC and UCLA have to prove themselves at this point. I know USC has talent, but they consistently underachieved last year with their all world QB.
Wisky gives us fits because we have had either a crappy coach and/or poor QB play against them .
This year that may not be the case

Reactions: Knight Shift
We were ranked 16 and VT was ranked 20. So On3 goofed up.

These preseason rankings are always messed up... consider Athlon's all-conference preseason teams for teh Big Ten

Rutgers is trumpeting 7 players named to this list.. but get this.. Kyle Monangai is not a first-team RB.. despite there being MANY first-team RBs and Ohio State having TWO first-team RBs.

GTFOH

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT