ADVERTISEMENT

Golf -Chris Gotterup

wasiman

Freshman
Mar 25, 2015
Chris just finished round 3 at the Byron Nelson at -12 .. Currently in fourth.

Tied for 24th after 4 rounds. Ended with 2 bogeys in final found. Nice payday $77,000 and change.
Glad to see I’m not the only one following Chris 😁. Strong tourney after struggling earlier in the year. And this $77K payday followed a $69K payout for T11 in the Zurich Classic (pairs tournament) the previous week. This week there are two PGA events - the Wells Fargo signature event and the Myrtle Beach Classic where Chris is playing.

Glad to see I’m not the only one following Chris 😁. Strong tourney after struggling earlier in the year. And this $77K payday followed a $69K payout for T11 in the Zurich Classic (pairs tournament) the previous week. This week there are two PGA events - the Wells Fargo signature event and the Myrtle Beach Classic where Chris is playing.
Still 155 on the money list; these guys make so much now Scheffler has already won 18 million this year;
Chris has to keep his driver going that's his biggest issue

Started off well in Myrtle Beach event with a 5 Under 66 (7 Birdies and 2 Bogeys). He holed 1 putt of 14' and 2 over 24' for 3 of those Birds.

He's currently 2nd on Tour in Driving Distance, 1 yard ahead of McIlroy in 3rd. The issue is he's 185th in Accuracy off the Tee. Last week he was around 60% for the first 3 rounds, then 35% in Round 4. For the year, he's at 47%. The Tour average is 63%.

I've played where he's playing this week, The Dunes Club. Yesterday on the dogleg around a lake, 616 Yard Par 5, he hit the green in 2 after a 290 yard shot over water. He wasn't the only one. I've stood in that fairway and can't imagine how someone can do that. Unreal.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
Started off well in Myrtle Beach event with a 5 Under 66 (7 Birdies and 2 Bogeys). He holed 1 putt of 14' and 2 over 24' for 3 of those Birds.

He's currently 2nd on Tour in Driving Distance, 1 yard ahead of McIlroy in 3rd. The issue is he's 185th in Accuracy off the Tee. Last week he was around 60% for the first 3 rounds, then 35% in Round 4. For the year, he's at 47%. The Tour average is 63%.

I've played where he's playing this week, The Dunes Club. Yesterday on the dogleg around a lake, 616 Yard Par 5, he hit the green in 2 after a 290 yard shot over water. He wasn't the only one. I've stood in that fairway and can't imagine how someone can do that. Unreal.
Tees off today in the afternoon; Maybe if he scarifices a few yards on the drives he can increase the accuracy which would be huge

Reactions: knightfan7
On the Front 9 today, Chris birdied 1 and 3, then shot Par 4-7 as the field crept toward him. They didn't mention it on the broadcast that on the Par 4 8th he hit a bad 3rd shot out of the greenside trap. He put on his Big Boy pants and made a 34' putt for Par. Really clutch.

The last person who grew up in NJ to win a PGA Tour event was 31 years ago when Jim Mcgovern (Oradell, Bergen Cath) beat John Huston in the rain shortened Shell Houston Open in a playoff. That was Mcgovern's only Tour win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT