ADVERTISEMENT

Good news on the way???

Does the immenent bad news not actually being immenent count?

Transfer window for immediate eligibility ends on May 11th. Anyone entering the portal after that has to apply for a waiver to be immediately eligible.
Imagine we'll have a good idea if any additional departures by then.

Soon many NJ residents will be going Down the Shore
1338047cf5fa1049f8a50327bb797a6b.jpg

Just came back from a terrific cruise ! Starting a diet today! Did a lot of gardening over the weekend ! Love it when I can jog with shorts and a t shirt !

Living the retirement dream: just in the past 4 days, did day trips to Lambertville and NYC (today - what a freakin' gorgeous day to walk the High Line and eat at Pastis, a wonderful French Bistro), got to see Rhett Miller and the Weeklings in separate shows, ate at McLoone's and Salt and played in a disc golf tourney. And got to read this thread, lol.

That is a perfect day. Was Rhett solo or with the 97s?
Was solo, acoustic, at the Avenel Performing Arts Center, which is a beautiful new venue (holds about 200 comfy seats and has a swanky small bar/room). It was perhaps my favorite Rhett Miller show ever (and there have been 20+ between Rhett and Old 97s shows), as the acoustics and the sound quality were simply superb and Rhett was just on (especially his vocals) and played over 90 minutes, including many favorites and a few of his new songs. Having our 8 seats in the 2nd row, center, didn't hurt.

One cool moment was right as he was about to do his encore, when he said he'd take requests and I immediately yelled out "Nineteen" and he said, "yeah I'll do that one," and played it. And his last song was fantastic: he played the first half of "American Girl" into his usual closer "Timebomb." And after the show Rhett did a meet and greet so we got to say hello and chit chat about the show (yes he really did hear me and play my request), hockey (big Stars fan), and the kids books he writes. My wife and I also got a pic with him. Was a fun night.

Was solo, acoustic, at the Avenel Performing Arts Center, which is a beautiful new venue (holds about 200 comfy seats and has a swanky small bar/room). It was perhaps my favorite Rhett Miller show ever (and there have been 20+ between Rhett and Old 97s shows), as the acoustics and the sound quality were simply superb and Rhett was just on (especially his vocals) and played over 90 minutes, including many favorites and a few of his new songs. Having our 8 seats in the 2nd row, center, didn't hurt.

One cool moment was right as he was about to do his encore, when he said he'd take requests and I immediately yelled out "Nineteen" and he said, "yeah I'll do that one," and played it. And his last song was fantastic: he played the first half of "American Girl" into his usual closer "Timebomb." And after the show Rhett did a meet and greet so we got to say hello and chit chat about the show (yes he really did hear me and play my request), hockey (big Stars fan), and the kids books he writes. My wife and I also got a pic with him. Was a fun night.
That is awesome. I've seen Rhett 6 times solo and the 97s 3 times. My favorite was at the World Cafe Live in the WXPN Studios at UPenn. Probably about 2005. Both my kids are big fans as well and were with my wife and I. My daughter was about 9 at the time and he noticed that she was singing along to every song and asked her if she wanted to come up on stage and sing "Question" with him. She did and she proposed to him afterwards but he broke it to her gently that his wife said yes to the question in the song. One of the highlights of her life, LOL.

That is awesome. I've seen Rhett 6 times solo and the 97s 3 times. My favorite was at the World Cafe Live in the WXPN Studios at UPenn. Probably about 2005. Both my kids are big fans as well and were with my wife and I. My daughter was about 9 at the time and he noticed that she was singing along to every song and asked her if she wanted to come up on stage and sing "Question" with him. She did and she proposed to him afterwards but he broke it to her gently that his wife said yes to the question in the song. One of the highlights of her life, LOL.
Awesome story! Love World Cafe. Our first time seeing Rhett, solo, was in 2002 at Maxwell's in Hoboken, after his first solo album came out and it was kind of cool because two friends of mine (coworkers who had been in my group until a few months before) revealed that night that they had been quietly dating for several weeks - they were married a year later and are still. Also got to see a Rhett show a few years later at Vintage Vinyl in Fords, which we brought our then 11-year old son too and he had a blast.

Reactions: pigmasty83
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT