ADVERTISEMENT

Gray Haired Ref

S_Janowski

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 24, 2009
Marlton, NJ
Who is this guy?

He was atrocious at home vs. Nebraska and was absolutely awful again tonight.

While Derek shouldn’t have done what he did with time still left on the clock I’ve seen that behavior from countless opposing teams with no technical called.

There were some other terrible calls as well by the other refs including the 5th foul on Cliff 2-3 seconds after the play made by the ref furthest away from the play.

I don’t understand how these guys can be this bad game after game and have so much influence on a game. We get boned by these refs so often.

The 4th foul on Williams was ridiculous

As was cliffs last foul. 3 seconds after… ref (far away from the play BTW) waited to see if the shot fell and then when it missed and we got the rebound …. then GIFTED that call to the terps. Just atrocious

Just soooo f’in bad

People who say refs don’t affect the game, really, can go f$&k themselves

That was an atrociously called game

Last edited:
Who is this guy?

He was atrocious at home vs. Nebraska and was absolutely awful again tonight.

While Derek shouldn’t have done what he did with time still left on the clock I’ve seen that behavior from countless opposing teams with no technical called.

There were some other terrible calls as well by the other refs including the 5th foul on Cliff 2-3 seconds after the play made by the ref furthest away from the play.

I don’t understand how these guys can be this bad game after game and have so much influence on a game. We get boned by these refs so often.
I couldn't agree more. Who is that guy? He's as bad as that punk Kelly Pfeifer.

Grey Hair is Eric Curry
Bald guy DJ Carstensen.

Kelly Pfiefer is horrible as well saw him the other day in that Wisconsin Purdue game mucking up the end where Wisconsin forced two turnovers from Purdue not called should made that game closer at the end.
Both of those refs are AWFUL!!!!! I cringe every time I see them on the floor

Eric Curry. Scumbag. Count on him to screw us every time. Every ****ing time. Same with Kelly.

Dj is way more balanced and fair.

But Eric Curry is an absolute a-hole.

Curry blew multiple calls in front of my eyes against Nebraska.

I was giving him hell from the 2nd row and so were a bunch of others.

He was actually acknowledging/smirking at fans - came across like a total doosh.

Refs are like federal employees who never get fired for performance. The NCAA needs an independent team to review games and evaluate refs. And each year the bottom 10% should be gone. I think tonight they were trying to take away the JW basket for shot clock violation. And the review of the play where ball clearly went off Maryland was not overturned. And Mag getting banged to the floor not called And the ref right in front of the play not calling foul on Cliff, but the ref 1/2 court away calls it. Just some examples of bad decisions.

Curry blew multiple calls in front of my eyes against Nebraska.

I was giving him hell from the 2nd row and so were a bunch of others.

He was actually acknowledging/smirking at fans - came across like a total doosh.
Yeah...I don't like him...never have

I don't mind DJ... I have never had the impression he is trying to screw us like Curry or Kelly.

Curry is the Senior Vice President of marketing at Cambria Sports Parnerships. The company is a huge donor to, and supporter of, University of Minnesota athletics. His wife is a former player and former assistant coach for the Minnesota women's basketball team. Hope he doesn't ref Minnesota games...

Curry is the Senior Vice President of marketing at Cambria Sports Parnerships. The company is a huge donor to, and supporter of, University of Minnesota athletics. His wife is a former player and former assistant coach for the Minnesota women's basketball team. Hope he doesn't ref Minnesota games...
Someone dig up the stats on fouls called in Minnesota games

Pretty clear conflict of interest

Reactions: tm_nj and knight82
Someone dig up the stats on fouls called in Minnesota games

Pretty clear conflict of interest
Looks like he hasn't officiated any Minnesota games this season so far, according to ESPN.. Maybe he doesn't ref those games due to conflict of interest... Hopefully he wouldn't be biased when officiating games that didn't involve Minnesota if the outcome of the game might benefit Minnesota in some way, like affecting their standing, tournament berth or seed and opponent, etc.

Reactions: tm_nj and Scangg
I am not sure if it exists but I think some Michigan State fans awhile back did a report on all B10 refs and each teams performance vs. the spread with each referee over a few years. Would love to see this, and to determine if certain refs favor or disfavor certain teams consistently?

Reactions: Scangg

generally one is supposed to avoid conflicts of interest AND the appearance of a conflict of interest.

those connections to Minnesota (including $) absolutely make reffing Minnesota games a conflict.

but even non-Minnesota games - @AZBlues brings up a good point - what if he's reffing a game where the outcome could benefit or hurt Minnesota in some way. If that is not a direct conflict it certainly could be argued as having the appearance of a conflict. For example, lets say next year Minny and Michigan are battling it out for the last spot in the Big10 Tourney and he makes call(s) that hurt Michigan (with Michigan's loss leading to Minny getting the last spot and MIchigan left out) OR next year Minny and Rutgers are neck-and-neck to win the Big10 regular season and he is calling an RU game and makes call(s) that lead to RU losing (and Minny winning the regular season as a result). total conflict IMHO.

if his company is investing in a Big10 school he should not be reffing Big10 games!!

think about it - players cant gamble on games that they arent even involved in (thus has ZERO potential effect on the game) - yet a ref can officiate a game (where there is HUGE potential to affect the game) in a league where his company is a huge donor ($$$) to one of the schools?!?!?!? its absurd.

Last edited:
Reactions: tm_nj and BillyC80
You just know that when Rutgers plays Minnesota in a couple weeks, Eric Curry will be one of the refs

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT