ADVERTISEMENT

Greg Schiano Risks Losing the Locker Room If He Starts Gavin Wimsatt

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy

I've seen Greg talking to media this summer on different platforms, the most recent being NBC where he seems to be going out of his way to hype Gavin up and indicate that, "we know where we are leaning" when asked about who he's going to start at QB. But I can tell you for certain, that if he starts Gavin he is putting himself in a really precarious position because there is only one player on the team who thinks that Gavin deserves to start and that is Gavin himself.

This summer, I've run into a number of players and have been able to have casual conversations with them. I've asked all of them, "so who's starting at qb". And independently, on separate days with different players I've heard exactly the same thing without me even leading them, "Gavin is probably going to start but watch out for Evan man, he was our best qb in spring so we'll see".

If we have another season where the defense is above average and the offense is just absolute trash because Greg decides to roll with Gavin because he's afraid that a booster will be mad that his NIL $ given to Gavin was a total flop then he is making a grave mistake and risks losing the locker room. These kids are sick and tired of losing and if you're trying to build a strong culture, that culture starts and ends with putting the team and the kids in position to succeed. Rewarding the players who EARN it. The beginning of the season has ZERO room for error if you have any dreams of getting to 6 wins. Gavin was the 2nd least accurate passer in America last year and has never in his entire life been accurate. As was described when he was at elite 11, "he'd have trouble hitting water from a boat."

Furthermore, not only is Evan the better QB but eligibility wise it makes even more sense. Evan has 2 years left so he starts 2023 and 2024 and that allows AJ Surace to redshirt in 2024 and then take over in 2025 and be a 4 year starter.

I personally get the feeling that unfortunately Evan isn't even being given a fair chance to compete. He blew away Gavin in the spring and there is not a single player on the team that will tell you otherwise. If Greg starts Gavin, he risks losing the entire locker room and perhaps a majority of the recruiting class he's bringing in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News