ADVERTISEMENT

Griffith Top 3

That sucks unfortunately that’s what I’ve been hearing for a couple weeks.

What do the top three have returning and coming in at 165?

PSU has Joe Lee. I read where someone said he wants to go 174 which means Starocci is there for PSU. Griffith has 2 years of eligibility

If he is truly going 174....

Michigan is in a tough spot at 174 this year if Logan Massa returns. Pat Brucki is there now for his final year and will go 197 and Myles Amine is going back down to 184 so there is no wiggle room. Now, if Massa is done then Michigan has the best situation this year and for his remaining two years.

It would insane if PSU figures out a way for it work with Starocci, Brooks, and Beard at 174, 184, and 197 respectively since they all finished in the top 7 (1,1,7) last year and all have at least 3 years left. The only realistic option is that Starocci and Brooks bump up and Beard is the odd man out but that would be doing him dirty. Dont see that happening IMO. I wonder if Cael is confident that he can convice Griffith to go 165 and that's how he makes it work. If that's the case, PSU will be even more untouchable in the near future and they will win the team championship for the foreseeable future, it won't even be competitive.

UNC obviously has room for him since they don't have any true studs at the upper weights but that seems like a very curious place to go. Clearly a good school, but they finished a few spots below RU with a national champion and 8 qualifiers where RU was handicapped without Alvarez, Kanniard, and someone at 125 given the shortened season so it's a not a better situation from a wrestling perspective.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT