ADVERTISEMENT

Harvard

Lol..crapfest
Almost all transfers and they will be gone next year

Talent wise no big loss but setting us for an all time barren program

Totally on Hobbs

23266068.jpg
You two can spoon and cry each other to sleep. Rutgers wins!

BTW, Maryland men struggled to beat a crappy Hofstra in the last minute. Sheet happens.

Rutgers wins, might be against a bad team, but a win after I gave up thinking it would be.

Can the FF be that far away!? 🤣
Harvard can take solace in the fact that they go to…well Harvard! ☺️

Alls gfood for tonight the third quarter was a scare , fourth quarter a joy and the OT came out good.

4-1
If you hide all posts and only read bac’s we’re 0-5.
Now we still have to work in the 55 more…
Looked like a real RU women’s bball team once we started full court press. Clearly still needs some polishing (Eatman has said so) but that will be the recipe. This team has scorers, they’re just starting to find each other’s game.

This is a season to worry, but winning games, even this one, makes for hope of things not being as bad as they look now.
The 4th quarter tonight gave a glimpse of a good team, but the 3rd quarter play makes for worry.
Hope the fourth is a sign things are starting to jell and not justbeause of playing a not so good opponent.

Let's be clear, it was an amazing comeback but Harvard went 1 for 9 from the stripe in regulation. We were lucky to win. But an ugly win is better than a beautifully played defeat. Hopefully the 4th quarter flipped some switches and the team starts improving. But

Based on the first 3 quarters and change, the first sentence of this post was going to start - THIS!.........is the end of the road for the CVS era!

After Tim finally put a strong five out on the floor, you could see our athletic advantage. Now, I start by saying- That was FUN!!! The ending was worth sitting through the messy first 3 quarters.

Thank Goodness for Lasha Petree. She deserves the game ball, a steak dinner, or something.......for saving the season. As others have noted, the body language was as if half of them were checked out. No fire in their play. Lasha put the whole team(coaches included) on her back and said, NO! We are not going to stink this year! Gotta love that girl!

Tim's combinations were brutal. I honestly thought he was not trying to win the game. The lack of minutes nor integration of Liz into the offense was confusing to me. Sakima also. My guess is that he is trying to keep his word about playing some of those prior transfers that sat on the bench all last season but practice hard everyday(Destiny and Stephanie).

Using a couple of bigs at the same time seemed like a winning strategy that he never tried. Especially to get the ball in bounds on the end line under their own basket. He let's them struggle too much, unnecessarily.

He actually didn't put his best players out there together until about 7 min or so left in the 4th. They come back and then he kills the momentum with his substitutions. Takes Osh out for Tiya. I could see giving her a short breather and getting her right back in, the way she was rebounding and going up strong inside. Came with Destiny and Victoria and seemed to have forgotten all about Sayawni sitting on the bench. I really think he may have forgotten she was there. Should have been in the game before Morris or Marshall.

My guess is that Tim was determined to let the reserve players get significant minutes now because it will be very tough for them to get minutes after these non-conference games are done.

It works out okay that he went with Tiya in crunch time after sitting her most of the game. After winning, we can say it was a good coaching move because she is struggling while trying to get going this season, but coach still showed confidence in her. She did respond with strong defense around the basket but still must make be better if we are going to be competitive in the Big 10.

I thought they corrected the foul shooting last game. It almost cost them this one.

And hopefully, Liz can just be patient and ready for when her number is called to play big minutes. That time is likely to be in the upcoming week. They could use her shooting and passing skills along with Sayawni's.

Last edited:
Reactions: MADHAT1
I believe he is not the answer when CVS steps down and a reason why a top coach is sought.
Do you think we will even have anyone left after this year; How would Chyna and Sakima even think about not transferring if he is not going to play them!!!

Hats off once again to Lasha for being the catalyst to last night's comeback win. Also have to acknowledge the way Sayawni , Osh, and Jailyn stepped their games up during the furious comeback. All doing the things that they do best.

Sayawni has such nice form on the shot. She knocked them down in numbers when she got a chance to play decent minutes for FSU last year. If Dickson can come back in shape, she adds another player who can hit the three. Then Osh, Tiya, Sakima, and Chyna can more easily operate down low.

We can see how much more productive Osh is in the post. The wing experiment needs to be over for now. With Lasha and Liz needing to get big minutes, we don't need Osh on the wing.

Look how much better Jailyn is when shooting from inside the arc (foul line area in). The NCAA extension of the 3pt line distance this year may be adversely affecting her confidence in shooting from 3. She and her teammates let 'em fly at Arkansas last year(but they also practiced them a lot)

Shout out to Destiny also. She seemed a little jittery at times, but one thing stays consistent with her. She is scrappy and goes after it every minute that she is on the court. She added a toughness that we needed for that moment.

Almost forgot, Awa Sidibe also brought good energy in her time on the court.

Reactions: Bon1674
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT