ADVERTISEMENT

Has Julie made a statement? For what it's worth she is an exceptional person.

Given her history with the media, I think she should probably have her statement ghost-written.

I think she's a pretty impressive person and won't be surprised if she lands on her feet in a better situation. But she may have to keep her head down for a bit. She's famous for all the wrong reasons at the moment.

I wouldn't give the media the time of day..they are too busy making fun of her, blaming her for stuff like basketball sucking and Eric Legrand screwjob on the commencement speaking and circle jerking each other calling her the worst athletic director in history...which we know is not true, such a shame that she was handed such a dud in Flood and Barchi didn't open the pocketbook two years ago when she had the foresight to get rid of him while some here were celebrating over going to the Pinstripe Bowl at 6-6

Sorry for bringing this up but it has been on my mind...I can't help but think there has been a bit of sexism mingling in all of this. Maybe she needed to go, but in particular all of the national media 'know it alls' piling on her, saying how terrible she is to work for, etc. It just smells bad. I doubt any of them actually know anything about her or the situation here.

Sorry for bringing this up but it has been on my mind...I can't help but think there has been a bit of sexism mingling in all of this. Maybe she needed to go, but in particular all of the national media 'know it alls' piling on her, saying how terrible she is to work for, etc. It just smells bad. I doubt any of them actually know anything about her or the situation here.

So obvious.

Sorry for bringing this up but it has been on my mind...I can't help but think there has been a bit of sexisis mingling in all of this. Maybe she needed to go, but in particular all of the national media 'know it alls' piling on her, saying how terrible she is to work for, etc. It just smells bad. I doubt any of them actually know anything about her or the situation here.
Agree..the local and national media decided to hold her to some crazy standard that other ADs dont have. Its truly bizarre because if you look at what she did here you would say its was at least okay. There was no disaster related to her..and no Flood issues dont fall on her. Once she made that sstatement all media lost all credibilty...and Carino was in poor taste with that sketchy story about her being resonsible for screwing up the LeGrand speaking thing..aa if Barchi couldnt be bothered to call himself...barchi is always one to pass the blame

Reactions: ScarletJack
Amazing how the APP discusses that she had trouble fundraising when we were constantly told by those "in the know" that she was a fantastic fundraiser.
Not being able to raise a little over 2 million for a baseball practice facility is definitely not an example of a fantastic fundraiser. Before anyone says she raised more than anyone else please stop because a 17% uptick with the BIG name behind us now is also not impressive. Here being a great fundraiser is something that keeps getting recycled on this board. And no I don't have anything against Julie, am not sexist, and don't care about pernetti.

Will be happy not to hear less that "JH couldn't get this or that done" She had no juice and didn't understand the school or the state. I expect Hobbs to be able to make things happen. The BB facility is the first major test.

Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
She should have never been hired.

Julie Hermann set back Rutgers Athletics two years. She has been a liar for decades and she has accumulated a lot of enemies during that time. It is in her best interests to keep quiet right now.

She wished everyone well in a tweet....Politi reported she killed 3 kittens and hates her own grandmother.

Reactions: RUinBoston
Given her history with the media, I think she should probably have her statement ghost-written.

I think she's a pretty impressive person and won't be surprised if she lands on her feet in a better situation. But she may have to keep her head down for a bit. She's famous for all the wrong reasons at the moment.

It will be interesting to see where she lands. Remember how folks belittled the other AD finalist after he land at Northern Illinois as if it was vindication for having picked the right candidate in Julie? I bet that she will not sniff an AD position in a P5 program even as an associate.

I imagine she's somewhere between New Mexico & Colorado by now.

6a0120a85dcdae970b0128776ffd8b970c-pi.jpg

If anybody thinks she is going to go public with a trashing of RU will be disappointed. Most separation agreements at her level include clauses where neither side can say negative stuff about the other.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT