ADVERTISEMENT

Football Here is the OFFICIAL 2024 Rutgers Football schedule!

Bye week after 1st 2 weeks im like "the Rutgers screw again"
Then I got the rest of the story, That 2nd bye week couldn't come at a better time

Reactions: BeantownKnight
Can't complain. I think it's got some good variety, good placement of the second bye week, good travel opportunities for fans while not being completely overwhelming.

I wonder if the Sat. Aug. 31st game against Howard will get bumped to another day due to it being Labor Day Weekend and/or for TV reasons.

It looks like we replaced OSU, PSU, and Michigan with Washington, USC, and UCLA. Not that much of a break there but it could have been worse - we could have gotten Oregon instead of UCLA.

This is assumes UM won't get the death penalty for sign stealing. 😉

Not bad, but feel RU playing Michigan State last game isn't a good move in my opinion.
Maryland would make a better opponent for last conference game.
MSU replacing PSU on the schedule seems strange
Agreed. As long as we're playing each other annually, might as well be the final week.

Nice that we don't face anyone coming off a bye next year. Every B1G opponent plays a B1G opponent the week before they play us.

Washington hosts Northwestern
Nebraska is at Purdue - good chance we will be Nebraska's homecoming game
Wisconsin hosts Purdue
UCLA hosts Minnesota
USC is at Maryland - will this be their homecoming? Their other home games are 9/28 Wisconsin and 10/12 Penn State.
bye week
Minnesota is at Illinois
Maryland is at Oregon
Illinois hosts Michigan State
Michigan State hosts Purdue

Oregon has eight straight games without a bye.

I live in Santa Monica, so I can only make a limited Rutgers games in person. This new B10 conference and its's schedule is just great. I am so looking forward to seeing Rutgers as well as OSU, MU, PSU, and Wisc without taking cross-country flights.

I live in Santa Monica, so I can only make a limited Rutgers games in person. This new B10 conference and its's schedule is just great. I am so looking forward to seeing Rutgers as well as OSU, MU, PSU, and Wisc without taking cross-country flights.
Agreed. I was thinking about driving up from San Diego County to see USC/Washington Saturday but I think I’ll save my first game there for RU/USC

Reactions: tomatocan
Fun schedule. Freaking hard, but so nice to not have OSU, Mich and PSU for one season.

I am curious why we have two bye weeks. Does RU play week zero?
Nope. Everyone gets two bye weeks because that's the way the calendar falls. The first full weekend of the season is always Labor Day weekend. The last weekend of the season is always Thanksgiving weekend. In most years, that timespan encompasses 13 weekends. In 2024, it's 14.

Reactions: WestOrangeCL
Great guy. Does my taxes every year. Highly recommend him.
MV5BZWIyMzczNzItOTlhMS00ZDdjLWI2NjQtM2Q0MzA3Nzk0M2I0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM@._V1_.jpg

Easier schedule? We traded ranked teams including Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State for ranked teams Washington, USC, and UCLA.

Not bad, but feel RU playing Michigan State last game isn't a good move in my opinion.
Maryland would make a better opponent for last conference game.
MSU replacing PSU on the schedule seems strange

Agreed. As long as we're playing each other annually, might as well be the final week.
#MeToo

It makes sense on many levels.

I don’t know how anyone can complain about the schedule. It’s laid out perfectly. The only place on earth anybody cares whether we play Maryland or Michigan State last game of the season is right here. The two bye weeks? One before Virginia Tech and the other before Minnesota? Perfect. Southern Cal at the Colosseum end of October? Perfect. October, not September or November, as the most difficult month? Perfect. Going to Blacksburg at the end of September? I can’t even imagine how beautiful that area is at that time of year. Haven’t been near there since I was a little kid.

And don’t get me wrong, I would prefer we play Maryland every year, last game, but it is what it is. Going to East Lansing and knocking them off for a New Year’s Day bowl game? How ****ing sweet would that be!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: RUforester72
I don’t know how anyone can complain about the schedule. It’s laid out perfectly. The only place on earth anybody cares whether we play Maryland or Michigan State last game of the season is right here. The two bye weeks? One before Virginia Tech and the other before Minnesota? Perfect. Southern Cal at the Colosseum end of October? Perfect. October, not September or November, as the most difficult month? Perfect.
Almost.

Reactions: Zamaneta
I mean, let’s be honest in an 18-team conference you’re not gonna get the 100% perfect perfect schedule, ever, but this is about as good as we can possibly ask for in my humble opinion. Obviously people will disagree. Whatever. I love it.

I mean, let’s be honest in an 18-team conference you’re not gonna get the 100% perfect perfect schedule, ever, but this is about as good as we can possibly ask for in my humble opinion. Obviously people will disagree. Whatever. I love it.
It’s really my only complaint.🤷‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Not sure if you're joking or not.
We played Howard a few times during GS 1.0. A HBCU in Washington, DC. Their most famous alum in current events is VP Kamala Harris.
Hopefully they will bring their band and Oh-La-La Girls.

I was joking, but after seeing my response I realized I missed a few words as well as the point. DOH!

Reactions: colbert17
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT