ADVERTISEMENT

Hicks Still With Team

No, Najee Clayton abandoned the team ...Clayton took flight instead of choosing to fight for his spot...Ash is not going to pamper these players...no player is greater than the sum ...could have been a very good LB er.
Maybe he did not want to play LB. If that is the case I have no problem with him leaving.

You don't force out the few talented players you have in the program.
case closed/
Who is forcing Hick's out?...I sincerely doubt the staff is forcing him out...Goodwin and Martin have ( when able to) run the ball efficiently...Josh is needed at DB...I think his
team appreciates what he means to them.

Maybe he did not want to play LB. If that is the case I have no problem with him leaving.
He was butt hurt after Greg Jones bi passed him on the depth chart...Clayton still would have played significant minutes and now AGAIN would be the starter...he was moved to a position ( with his permission prior to spring practice) out of necessity...he has a right to question the move but he should have said no before the summer and moved on...Clayton used the personal issue excuse as many do.... it appears the reality is Greg Jones was playing very , very good football at LB for us and beat him out...well hopefully this 4**** finds a team and he gets to play DB Pitt / Temple / seems logical ...

Great from what respect...Josh Hicks is a very good RB but great no ...great is a big difference.

The Guy should be the starting RB or at least get some meaningful carries.
Tell Ash to watch the tape of the Detriot Bowl 2 years ago.
I was there... 200 yard game by Hicks against UNC.

Two years ago?...you live in the past...Martin also ran well when we played North Carolina back in the Bowl game...you knew from the spring Martin and Goodwin had passed Hicks ....probably because of their better blocking, receiving and playbook retention... fact is I'm not debating his RB skill set...he was asked to make the switch because of injuries and his time spent at DB in the pinch...he may be the best potentially but this year he hasn't shown that ... M.V.P. awards are meaningless a day after you receive it.... since this is a team game I'm sure Josh Hicks knows this better than you or I...Hope he stays and helps his team but if not maybe he can use the Clayton excuse...Ash isn't changing the direction of which way he has planned out...if you don't see that better realize the Program is primary not an individual player...

Says you as a fan or critic.... only the coaches votes count who plays where not us in the stands or in our living rooms ...Ash has been pro Hicks for awhile now however sometime arm chair coaches only see the abstract and not the entire picture...I would believe their hope is to say, "see I told you so"...Ash knows Hicks is a very , very good back but his running is no good if we don't block upfront or have a QB and wideouts who can catch a ball ...make a play....senseless to try and get people to realize we just aren't very good in too many areas this year...

Says you as a fan or critic.... only the coaches votes count who plays where not us in the stands or in our living rooms ...Ash has been pro Hicks for awhile now however sometime arm chair coaches only see the abstract and not the entire picture...I would believe their hope is to say, "see I told you so"...Ash knows Hicks is a very , very good back but his running is no good if we don't block upfront or have a QB and wideouts who can catch a ball ...make a play....senseless to try and get people to realize we just aren't very good in too many areas this year...

these are not the current staffs recruits. The moves the current staff makes,and the view they take on the current talent on the team will either help them succeeed or fail as a staff

Hicks is a better back than Goodwin, come on now.

Move Goodwin to the secondary
Because you know Goodwin can go back there?... right...I got it....armchair QB's are a dime a dozen... you certainly are obsessed with your take on things versus the staff's
and teams needs in a very tough situation...again...nobody is saying Hick's isn't better as a runner ( he is ) but he is NOT the receiver that Goodwin is...also...Josh has had issues coughing the ball up which was seen and reported numerous times during the Flood era and current staff...Are you related to the player or a former coach, friend?...I might understand if that were the case...Hopefully he stays and plays well which I'm sure he will...

lol @ people still defending Clayton...the kid (by all accounts, apparently...) QUIT because he wasn't named starter....pathetic that people are giving the staff shit instead of laying the blame where it belongs.

Because you know Goodwin can go back there?... right...I got it....armchair QB's are a dime a dozen... you certainly are obsessed with your take on things versus the staff's
and teams needs in a very tough situation...again...nobody is saying Hick's isn't better as a runner ( he is ) but he is NOT the receiver that Goodwin is...also...Josh has had issues coughing the ball up which was seen and reported numerous times during the Flood era and current staff...Are you related to the player or a former coach, friend?...I might understand if that were the case...Hopefully he stays and plays well which I'm sure he will...

Yes I do, I saw him make an INT and play well vs WSU.

And yes I am friends with parents of a few current and former players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT