ADVERTISEMENT

Hofstra vs Rutgers game 1

Hofstra might be a good indication of what kind of team RU will have on the floor
and if it can be competitive.
The Pride was a fairly bad team last year and wound up 8-20.
So if RU has a lot of trouble competing with them in the first game of the 2022-23 season , hope for being competitive in most games might not be in the cards.
If the team plays well and seems to be getting oit together, a winning season might not be there, but the future might not be all doom and gloom .

Well, it's that time of year, and what to expect. Thoughts?

Yes! Yes!! It is that time again! I'm with you ScarletteK.....it's time to raise the excitement level a bit as we count it down to gameday. Things seem to be a little subdued on here right now.

I agree with Mad 100 % regarding the gauging of this first game. Also, looking at the roster, they may be the one team we'll enjoy a slight size advantage over.

Last edited:
Hofstra might be a good indication of what kind of team RU will have on the floor
and if it can be competitive.
The Pride was a fairly bad team last year and wound up 8-20.
So if RU has a lot of trouble competing with them in the first game of the 2022-23 season , hope for being competitive in most games might not be in the cards.
If the team plays well and seems to be getting oit together, a winning season might not be there, but the future might not be all doom and gloom .
The Pride has been fairly awful for a number of years. The head coach has a 19 - 59 record.

In spite of anything, this should be a win. Anything less - regardless of how we look - will signal a high likelihood of a very long year. Game 3, against NJIT, is another "should win".

The truth is, the NCAA is loaded with a lot of teams that simply lack - talent, coaching, probably money.

😄 Yea, I was trying to figure out if it was a holiday weekend or something. It makes it feel like a scrimmage that actually counts.

Unless, the plan is to bring in a lot of the school children who I believe may be out of school that week for Election Day, Veteran's Day, and teacher's convention. Hopefully, that's it.

11 a.m. on a Monday? Are they trying to keep fans from attending?

😄 Yea, I was trying to figure out if it was a holiday weekend or something. It makes it feel like a scrimmage that actually counts.

Unless, the plan is to bring in a lot of the school children who I believe may be out of school that week for Election Day, Veteran's Day, and teacher's convention. Hopefully, that's it.

Smart move to grow the fanbase and raise the energy level surrounding the program. 👏🏼 👏🏼 👏🏼 Fill it UP, Coach-quese!

11 a.m. on a Monday? Are they trying to keep fans from attending?
Both men and women are scheduled on 11/7 so one had to be early. No one in their right mind would want mens game to be at 12 or early afternoon so womens team gets bad start time. Guess they didn’t want to do night time double header on a monday

Both men and women are scheduled on 11/7 so one had to be early. No one in their right mind would want mens game to be at 12 or early afternoon so womens team gets bad start time. Guess they didn’t want to do night time double header on a monday
Out here in Arizona, the women just decided not to start on the 7th, since the men are. The women open the season on Thursday, the 10th.

I'm not sure of the value of starting on the "first" day of the season, but a lot of teams do it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT