ADVERTISEMENT

Holloway on athletics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you serious? We just had our best season in the BIG in football and schiano is back. We also had like our best season in mens basketball in 40 years ! Yeah very disappointing. Get a clue dude
^^^^^ You know, absolutely nothing you posted has anything to do with Holloway. Right?

To all you professors who hate athletics, too bad, we're in the B1G with no plans to leave. So go scratch ass.

The Rutgers 1,000 ( which was probably less than 100) were a bunch of poopyheads ! Sorry for my French.

Not until he proves it. Raise the athletics budget. Approve funding for better facilities. Do what it takes to be truly B1G. His words are meaningless until this happens.
It has to start somewhere. This affirmation that we made the move to big time athletics and are here to stay is huge. No one has said it previously. Start with that and see how creative we can be partnering with the private sector to raise funds.

Show the investment. The words are nice but at the end of the day it’s the dollars. That’s all that matters. Everything else is just talk.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
I only skimmed and it looked good. Nothing political which is the way he should do his job. Keep it up Prez.

It's great to see that he made such a strong statement in a setting where it may not be received with tremendous applause. I like how he was able to meld the importance of being in the Big 10 into academics... that's how he's going to win that debate.

Reactions: MidwestKnights
Show the investment. The words are nice but at the end of the day it’s the dollars. That’s all that matters. Everything else is just talk.
I’m a little surprised at this sentiment coming from you and @T2Kplus20. In this day and age of NIL changing the landscape of college athletics, you would think the staunchest right-wingers on this board would push for some type of imaginative hybrid privatization of funding/sponsorship to offset the University’s AD budget which is already substantial. I miss the Elephants of my youth who espoused for fiscal responsibility.

No, prioritization and how efficiently the dollars get used is huge, too.

Would like to know why some on this board dislike Holloway .
What did he do to cause the dislike.

For those who like the RU President, what are your reasons for why you like him.

By answering my questions other board members might get an idea if the likers/ dislikers are just blowing smoke or have good reasons for how they feel..

For those who like the RU President, what are your reasons for why you like him.

By answering my questions other board members might get an idea if the likers/ dislikers are just blowing smoke or have good reasons for how they feel..
Have seen him speak in person and have met him. He is very grounded and cares about academics and athletics. A straight shooter and a regular guy. Last President I can remember like that was Bloustein, who I remember coming to the homecoming parade and being accessible.

Do you seriously not know why some on this board don't like Holloway? Given his background (liberal, author of books on race and racism, supporter of affirmative action) and his science-based approach to COVID (vaccine mandates and mask wearing policies), it's no surprise many of the CE board irregulars despise him. Some even think he was unqualified, which no sane person who knows anything about academia would ever question.

Was able to spend some time with Halloway at the Temple game in the Provident Club. I was very impressed with the man and actually shocked at how big he is. Def has a D1 football body haha. Anyways, he totally gets it. He told me he believes in the power of a strong athletics department to raise the profile of the university, attract better students, and provide a better campus experience for the students.

Do you seriously not know why some on this board don't like Holloway? Given his background (liberal, author of books on race and racism, supporter of affirmative action) and his science-based approach to COVID (vaccine mandates and mask wearing policies), it's no surprise many of the CE board irregulars despise him. Some even think he was unqualified, which no sane person who knows anything about academia would ever question.

Masks don't work

Reactions: sunsetregret
He tried to shut down college football last year for political purposes. That makes him a dick. Hilariously, he thought other schools would follow our lead. That makes him an imbecile.

Sure I did. The speech is not at all about race, yet he references it 23 words in.

hmmmmmm….

“Mr. Chairman, officers of the Executive Committee, Senators, faculty, staff, students, and alumni, good afternoon. Thank you for inviting me to speak before the University Senate.

I am now at the start of my second year as Rutgers president. I don't need to explain to any of you how unusual my first year was. I did all of the things that any first-year president would do: I met the Rutgers community, participated in a wide range of town halls, introduced special university guests before their talks, had small-group meetings with donors, held one-on-one conversations with local, state, and federal legislators, worked intensively with university administrators, met with faculty on specific topics of interest, and, to my delight, visited a handful of classes as a guest lecturer. All of the foregoing, of course, was done remotely.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT