ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Hoops practice begins

The ball will be in Paul's hand basically every time. He's the playmaker and leader of the team. It seems pretty obvious to me.

We will likely see Paul and Cliff pick n roll with Paul going to his right and if the defense helps he dishes to Spencer spacing the floor on the same side of the court.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing these end of game situations with more of a basketball play. The Geo iso step back 3 is fun when it goes in, but in general I'd like to see us generating a higher percentage look
Amen!

Reactions: MiloTalon13
I'm guessing he is somewhere between 9 and 11 ppg. That's essentially between Paul and Cliff's production last season.

This is probably a good guess.
Paul was at 9.0
Clif 11.9
Geo 12.9
The part most people miss is comparisons to prior years or the wider CBB/CFB landscape when making predictions.

For example - so many people said "Pacheco needs to get a minimum 20 carries a game" when less than 10 RBs nationally got that many carries as an average.
Or the "RHJ will should score a minimum of 20pts a game" when only 2-3 players in the Big Ten score that much usually.

I think I started a thread on this last year (or maybe minutes).
I should do another one and get consensus thought.

This is probably a good guess.
Paul was at 9.0
Clif 11.9
Geo 12.9
The part most people miss is comparisons to prior years or the wider CBB/CFB landscape when making predictions.

For example - so many people said "Pacheco needs to get a minimum 20 carries a game" when less than 10 RBs nationally got that many carries as an average.
Or the "RHJ will should score a minimum of 20pts a game" when only 2-3 players in the Big Ten score that much usually.

I think I started a thread on this last year (or maybe minutes).
I should do another one and get consensus thought.
Yea, I think this is an issue with expectations. I wonder if the pro expectations skew some people's view.

Have to remember for college basketball the game is 8 minutes shorter and the average score is much lower

I wonder if the pro expectations skew some people's view.
I think it's NBA numbers and HS numbers. Tons of guys average 20+ in high school and just about every NBA team has a guy averaging 20+ (27 players over 20ppg, I just checked).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT