ADVERTISEMENT

How a faster Antwone Woolfolk is ready to make a bigger impact for Rutgers basketball

Wow he looks fit now.. not that he was unfit...

71050157007-ru-27.jpg

Wow he looks fit now.. not that he was unfit...

71050157007-ru-27.jpg
Pike described it best. He has a basketball body now not a football body

We will see Wolf dunk this year with the leaner version and be more explosive. He was constantly finishing below the rim with layups last season. This year those will be dunks

Pike described it best. He has a basketball body now not a football body

We will see Wolf dunk this year with the leaner version and be more explosive. He was constantly finishing below the rim with layups last season. This year those will be dunks
Look at the big step Cliff has to take to try to cut him off.. speaks top speed.. as well as showing how committed Cliff is.. he is determined to get there.

Really looking forward to this season.. great basketball AND a bowl game? In the Big Ten? It is too much. Pinch me.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
I think the 4 is our weakest spot on the floor. If your only looking at a few games, Hyatt and/or Magwot look terrific, but they've also disappeared for whole games. If the Wolf can howl his way to more play time, it will be good for this year. What I like about Wolf is that when he is in the game, he doesn't go unnoticed. Sometimes for mistakes, Sometimes for opportunistic scoring.

Reactions: seneca ave
Coaching just from this image. He's leaning forward with a high dribble committed to driving to the basket Unless he has a well planned reverse or double clutch, Cliff will block the shot. If, instead, he takes a low dribble here, he could have bounced just infront of Cliff's right foot, crossed over to his left, takes Cliff completely out of the play and lays in the deuce. It looks high level, but it is very doable with the biggest requirement being the right mind-set.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
If I could watch practice, I'd be watching to see how much Wolf is fouling.
He committed over 8 fouls/40 minutes last season
He was a backup and the fouls didn't matter much - but if he hasn't cleaned that up, it's going to be difficult for him to be a productive player. Especially if he starts the season as our only backup to Cliff.

Coaching just from this image. He's leaning forward with a high dribble committed to driving to the basket Unless he has a well planned reverse or double clutch, Cliff will block the shot. If, instead, he takes a low dribble here, he could have bounced just infront of Cliff's right foot, crossed over to his left, takes Cliff completely out of the play and lays in the deuce. It looks high level, but it is very doable with the biggest requirement being the right mind-set.
And if he goes left what Cliff has to do is stop playing the man and ball and play the rim, having already lost the man and ball. Turn to his left.. toward the rim and figure the timing to jump straight up, make a wall, and block where Wolf should be going.. or, *gulp*, turn his back to Wolf, get to a spot and turn to take the charge.

Can't wait to stop watching imaginary basketball based on a still photo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT