ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers Basketball C Antwone Woolfolk to enter Transfer Portal

Mag on deck, with Cliff, Ogbole and Oskar possibles to jump into the on deck circle after Mag

I agree about Mag. I just don’t see a universe where Pike feels comfortable penciling him in as committed and reliable to be available to start at the 3/4. Not after how this season went down. He’s just too injury prone and we have no idea whether he’ll ever be 100%.

If Mag announces a departure, the only other guy I see us pressuring for a quick decision would be Cliff so that we have time to recruit a 5 if we need to. Otherwise - the “talks” are likely done. We’re not going to entice more than 2 top tier transfer players to join our team next year (and realistically it’ll probably only be one proven stud and another kid who is more of a gamble)

If Mag goes we already have those 2 spots open. Bringing in a wing shooter would be top priority - we’ll have starter minutes to advertise at the 3. (Sure - Gavin may end up playing his way into that spot but he’s not going to be viewed by a transfer as a “threat”). We won’t really have starter minutes to advertise anywhere else. Which is why I say - transfer number 2 will likely not be a proven double digit player from a decent conference. We would be digging even deeper in looking to replace Ogbole and Oskar’s bench spots too.

Thanks Wolf for your time on the Banks. Sad as this year there was so much expected in terms of an upward leap that never materialized. Earlier on with Cliff, then later with Egbole in the mix , just never got comfortable.
Anyway , now that Derek and Wolf and Choi are gone , Pike can go get that 3 point shooting guard that can drive thru contact and make layups and go get a monster rebounder at the 4 or a center that can rebound and score and give us 8 points and 10 rebounds a night. Then Lathan and Egbole can slide in for a 3 headed monster. Pike has got to be aggressive.
From where Guru?

From where Guru?
From the 1000 guys in the portal. The mods have done a good job of identifying Joseph from Miami and Cohen from UMASS. I would be happy with that assuming Cohen can rebound. He apparently can score and will get the ball from Dylan a lot.

Mag on deck, with Cliff, Ogbole and Oskar possibles to jump into the on deck circle after Mag
Ogbole seems to be a guy that he either comes back or looks for an opportunity to get paid to play someone in the world (he's also older so at this point, so does he really want a degree or does he want to get paid say $30K-$100K+ in US dollars to play somewhere professionally?) He would be a good guy to have in practice and as a backup 5 if he does come back.

For Oskar, it does seem to be a decision to come back to RU or to move on with his life, possibly playing somewhere in Europe.

Certainly Mag is gone as there's no way he's coming back now and Cliff is likely gone as well.

Reactions: Scarlet83
Really thought he was going to make a big leap this season. Bummer it didn’t work out.
Yeah, I expected a much larger contribution from Wolf this past season.
Instead, he seems to have regressed.

Ogbole seems to be a guy that he either comes back or looks for an opportunity to get paid to play someone in the world (he's also older so at this point, so does he really want a degree or does he want to get paid say $30K-$100K+ in US dollars to play somewhere professionally?) He would be a good guy to have in practice and as a backup 5 if he does come back.

For Oskar, it does seem to be a decision to come back to RU or to move on with his life, possibly playing somewhere in Europe.

Certainly Mag is gone as there's no way he's coming back now and Cliff is likely gone as well.
So true. The chemistry on this year's team seems to have been non-existent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT