ADVERTISEMENT

How good is Lehigh?

knight82

All American
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2002
Going in , it seemed to me like a tougher opener compared to the LIUs and Marists. Was it a really good win or should we be concerned that it was so close?

I thought they were good. Better than I expected. They have a new coach but he was a long time assistant who knew the players and kept similar systems. I know they wouldn’t be a push over but they have some talent. Checo is very good at LSM and Cole was the player of the year in the PL. That’s a huge accolade. The PL isn’t the American East. Outside of the B1G, Acc, Ivy, it’s clearly the next best league. After seeing what I saw I wouldn’t he shocked if they make waves in their conference. Their goalie was very good too.

We have a lot to work on and hopefully Edwards injury wasn’t as bad as it looked. We need Kelly to get back quick. Not sure what happened but he played last week. Injuries ugh.

Very solid win on opening day. Penn St lost to Colgate and Hopkins went down to Denver. Maryland QBR to OT v Richmond.

We have a ton to work on but it’s always easier after a W. Hats off to the kids for having a next man up mentality. Tough losing 3 starters in a week but the guys got it done.

After the big three of ACC, B1G, & Ivy…the Patriot is the next best league…

Keep in mind, the PL has been operating at a massive disadvantage the last three years as the B1G and ACC and Big East build and fix rosters with older and experienced players…the Patriot is not allowed to take 5th year transfers…huge huge disadvantage.

Army, Loyola, Lehigh, BU are teams that will compete with the big conference teams…you also have teams like Navy and Colgate and potentially Lafayette that are trending up…

When RU beats a top 4/5 PL team, that’s a quality win all day

Lehigh has been a very solid program for a long time…I was interested to see what they look like this year after the changes…and let’s see where they are at in another month…

We all do it, but don’t over react either way after week one…give it 5-6 games and then you see where water is finding its proper level…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT