ADVERTISEMENT

How many Rutgers QBs will see significant time vs Howard and Akron?

Sep 11, 2006

I'd like that number to be 3. AK for a half each.. quarter each for Surace and Sheppard. Then again, maybe you want to keep that 4-game redshirt thing for Surace available in case we lose AK at some point.

It just seems to me like we don't get these guys experience in such game and we should.

Thoughts?

I'd like that number to be 3. AK for a half each.. quarter each for Surace and Sheppard. Then again, maybe you want to keep that 4-game redshirt thing for Surace available in case we lose AK at some point.

It just seems to me like we don't get these guys experience in such game and we should.

Thoughts?
Last Greg spoke about him, AJ was out with an injury. On the podcast today, Richie said AK is far above Ajani. If all of that is correct, Ajoni gets reps in 4th quarter.

IIRC Howard kept a game until late in the 2nd last time. Then, not only talent but depth broke it open. I think AK goes into the 3rd. Akron's a step up but might be beaten up by OSU. I think 3rd qtr for AK again. Surace could be impacted by injury and 4 game limit.

I think we see AK and AS exclusively the first two games, and then baring injury AK the rest of the way with AS solidly the QB2. Hopefully AS shows some good with the reps he gets early. AJ may get some reps if there are any mop up roles late in the season. If they all play to expectation this year and RU goes on to have what we all hope to be program changing season, it will make conversation about next year interesting. But first things first, RU needs to take care of Howard.

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT