ADVERTISEMENT

I like the minutes today

RU848789

Legend
Jul 27, 2001
Metuchen, NJ
8 guys with 27 to 18 minutes (Geo, Harper, Caleb, Mathis, Johnson, Young, Mulcahy, and Yeboah in order) and then Carter with 13, Doucoure with 9, and Kiss with 7. And the 3-headed center went for 12/8 and 3 blocks in ~40 minutes. This is great when trying to work players in and get them used to each other. I'm sure this will tighten up to a 9-man rotation (with Doucoure and Kiss the likely odd men out, barring injury) against better teams, but I still think we'll see the first 9 with 10+ minutes a game. I also liked the passing and shooting, lol - hard to not like 59% from the field and 47% from deep (and even 88% from the line, albeit in only 8 attempts). Nice win.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/gametracker/boxscore/NCAAB_20191110_NIAGARA@RUT/

I think Carter needs more time. But otherwise love the minutes.

Like the minutes distribution. Seemed like he let guys stay in for longer stretches. Douocoure will still need to get minutes to be ready to play in B1G play with foul trouble and dings to the other bigs.

Pike will be fine tuning the minutes/player combinations during the beginning of the season. Makes perfect sense.

Like the minutes distribution. Seemed like he let guys stay in for longer stretches. Douocoure will still need to get minutes to be ready to play in B1G play with foul trouble and dings to the other bigs.
I agree but it will be hard to get our bigs ready for league play if our opponents don’t have any size

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT