ADVERTISEMENT

I was ‘Team Greg’...Now I’m ‘Team Hafley.’ Join Me.

Barnaby&Neill

All American
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2010
Greg — we’ll always have Louisville.

Hafley will bring us back to respectability; he’s a Schiano man, he can recruit, he’s from NJ. I’m going to email Hobbs, and ask him to make it so.

Join me...you know this is a good hire.

searchyourfeelings.gif

Not me, after 35 years, I’m cutting back. I will attend games, mainly as a social event. Cutting back tickets to 2 and 0.0 donations. It will be a ghost town in Piscataway

Hafley will bring us back to respectability; he’s a Schiano man, he can recruit, he’s from NJ. I’m going to email Hobbs, and ask him to make it so.

searchyourfeelings.gif
No, no, no...a thousand times no. We are making the same mistake yet again. Another OSU assistant with zero HC experience.

searchyourfeelings.gif

I'm out until he proves he can win. If I wanted to gamble I would go to AC.

This is not a good hire. This is not a bad hire. This is gamble.

searchyourfeelings.gif
Good luck with that!

Reactions: scripts
He can recruit. I’m not happy with what has gone down but I’m consistent and I’ll support whoever we hire because a real fanbase is needed more than anything. Schiano would have brought back the buzz but we gotta hope whoever we hire gets it done. Fast.

searchyourfeelings.gif
I don’t know if he will prove to be a good hire but he’s the best of the realistic names floated. If it’s not Schiano, Hafley would be my next choice. The bigger question is will he come here?

Reactions: Barnaby&Neill
We do not need another OSU CO-coordinator of anything. Myself and anyone on this forum could be a coordinator at OSU and produce results.

He would also use this opportunity as a stepping stone job, while Butch Jones or Bielema would embrace this as a destination job. Big difference.

This would be a huge mistake. Just because the dopey national college football media says someone is a "hot assistant" coach doesn't mean anything.

You don't just hand guys P5/Big Ten head coaching jobs for being a rising asst who can recruit. You make them earn it as a head coach at a lower level college first. LIKE PJ FLECK DID. They better not make this move. Hafley has zero to do with any success OSU is having. Which are all Urban Meyer players by the way!

I was one of only a few on this forum who was trying to beg folks not to hire Ash. I'll stand on an island stating the same about Lil' Jeff Hafley. DO NOT CONSIDER HAFLEY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. ASH 2.0!!!!!!!

If hired he starts immediately. No more "but the children" nonsense.

Tell you what, I MIGHT maintain a ticket or two if we stipulate he must start immediately. If we let him waste a recruiting window I'll know we're still not serious.

We do not need another OSU CO-coordinator of anything. Myself and anyone on this forum could be a coordinator at OSU and produce results.

He would also use this opportunity as a stepping stone job, while Butch Jones or Bielema would embrace this as a destination job. Big difference.

This would be a huge mistake. Just because the dopey national college football media says someone is a "hot assistant" coach doesn't mean anything.

You don't just hand guys P5/Big Ten head coaching jobs for being a rising asst who can recruit. You make them earn it as a head coach at a lower level college first. LIKE PJ FLECK DID. They better not make this move. Hafley has zero to do with any success OSU is having. Which are all Urban Meyer players by the way!

I was one of only a few on this forum who was trying to beg folks not to hire Ash. I'll stand on an island stating the same about Lil' Jeff Hafley. DO NOT CONSIDER HAFLEY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. ASH 2.0!!!!!!!
I call BS. I read your posts you could not hold Hafley’s, Ash’s or Flood’s jockstraps when it comes to X’s and O’s. The real need us recruiting and fan inspiration. We will finally pay the position coaches a reasonable sum so we can get some quality there.

If hired he starts immediately. No more "but the children" nonsense.

Tell you what, I MIGHT maintain a ticket or two if we stipulate he must start immediately. If we let him waste a recruiting window I'll know we're still not serious.

Agreed. Leave OSU behind and hit the ground running

Reactions: Scoutnmayo
I'm team Iowa...just ordered my hat. Over on the Iowa board they made me an honorary member.

as far as Hafley. NO NO NO a thousand times NO.

I like Nebraska too because I want to move there.

I thought hiring a coach with prior HC experience was high on Hobbs's list of qualifications. This guy is simply making it up as he goes along. It's sad.

Reactions: scripts
my list

1. Jones
2. Bielema
3. Hafley

EDIT: almost forgot Kiffin... put him after Bielema

You really think Rutgers will pay enough to convince these guys to jump into the burning dumpster?

You really think Rutgers will pay enough to convince these guys to jump into the burning dumpster?

Given the resources that we apparently would have given to Greg had Hobbs not randomly axed the guy’s candidacy, a coach may see opportunity here.

The last hurdle is winning back fans and alumni. All that takes is a couple of wins.

When we’re good again, I’ll look for your Huskers or Longhorns hat in the stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT