ADVERTISEMENT

If we don't get the whistle tomorrow you know the B1G hates us..

Illinois at home still bothers me. We were blowing them out and fouls were 10-4 in favor of Illinois. They did everything in the world to give Illinois the game.

The quick jump ball to Indiana!

• Angry
Reactions: DirtyRU
OOPS... I removed this because I confused PSU with Minnesota.. we played and lost to both around the same time.. and one of them was a "tough luck" story among the BTN announcers... not sure why I thought of PSU in that way

Minnesota had lost 4 Big Ten games in a row.. and had their PSU game postponed.. before playing us.. total fouls in our MN game was 12-11 and one of them went off 8-11 from 3pt.. damn

PSU out-hustled us and out-boarded and was way physical.. hope we are ready

Last edited:
Reactions: DirtyRU
We have won most games in spite of bad whistles.....This is what I love about this team.

I always tell my team "you gotta be better than refs.....so take advantage of your opportunities".

We’d better not go in counting on it, but the whistles have made a huge difference in recent PSU games.

I’d sign on the dotted line right now for the crew that reffed our 2019-20 home game against them.

Reactions: Randal7
iirc, last time we played at PSU they were short-handed for some reason and the refs put away the whistles and allowed them to mug us the whole game. total fouls were 15-14. pretty even.. but they really allowed some rough play.. over-the-back boards, tips etc.

Basically, Penn State was reeling.. lost a lot of games.. had not yet won a conference game and were a hard luck story and the refs allowed them to put in that "extra effort" regardless of the rules.
We had won 2 of our last 3 and were 2-3 in conference when you visited in January.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
We had won 2 of our last 3 and were 2-3 in conference when you visited in January.
thanks.. I confused you guys with Minnesota who we played and lost a close one to around the same time.. that's right.. you guys beat us pretty well.. and a bit more physical down low than you should have gotten away with... but you beat us fairly

Last edited:
Reactions: Erial_Lion
The quick jump ball to Indiana!
Yes, have not seen much discussion about the Play where the jump ball was called with 12 seconds left against Indiana

McConnell pulled the ball away quickly and that normally not a jump ball
Pretty much a homer call there

Reactions: Unionst
Playing at home vs. a team going nowhere with the League getting another team in the tournament. Lol. We'll see.
PSU fans thought for the longest time that they got the short end of ref calls, not being a true B1G blue blood

Nobody complained. In fact, if it wasn’t clear, my comment was intended to acknowledge that the way the 2019-20 home game was called was a hugely beneficial to RU. The whistle blew for us often that game when we penetrated the paint. Especially at the end. I remember it well thinking for the first time as a BIG member we were getting a home whistle in that game.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
Making shots is far more important than referee calls .Penn State has the lowest scoring average in th BIg Ten.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT