ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana vs Rutgers- 2 different styles

bowlgoal

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jul 20, 2004
In watching several of the Indiana games, its a high octane passing attack, mixing in the runs and putting up alot of points, mostly TDs. Thats the Cignetti style from JMU and it’s working for them. In contrast, we seem like we can finally put up points because our QB is accurate, but with a defensive minded coach, Greg’s philosophy is to get the lead, win the turnover battle, take the game into the 4th quarter and put the game in the hands of our defense.

I honestly don’t care, as long as we win. But to really take things to the next level, i think we are going to need to lean on the offense more. With high octane offenses like Oregon and USC and some of the regular powerhouses that we haven’t beaten, we have never been able to put enough points. Those are teams where our defense tires out and our opponent pulls away. It looked like we were about to run away with the Va Tech game, and then the offense crawled into a shell.

I think a game like Nebraska is an example of a time to take the offensive initiative and don’t stop. The Huskers can put up points quickly. Thats a 5 star QB who will play on Sundays. I don’t think we win in a close game. Curious on everyone’s thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.