ADVERTISEMENT

Inside the Mind of a High School Recruit

49Knights

Redshirt
Nov 29, 2015
Hey everyone,

This may be my first post on these boards but I've been reading them under many usernames for years now. I am a former Scarlet Knight player so I am very invested in seeing this program be successful.

I came across a video that Taysir Mack's coach posted to Facebook the other day. It's a genuine conversation that shows the thought process a recruit goes through when choosing a school that many on here would benefit from watching.

Comfort level and trust are big factors to 17/18 year olds when deciding where they're going to spend the next 3-5 years of their life which ultimately impacts the rest of their life as well. Personally, I always knew football wasn't going to last forever so I chose Rutgers because of the academics and proximity to all of the opportunities that New York has to offer. That decision has allowed me to find a great job, something I wouldn't have been able to say if I had chosen some of the traditional powerhouse football factories.

Don't want to ramble on too much, but with today being signing day and making me feel even older already, thought I'd make this my first post. Enjoy this candid conversation because it's a rare glimpse into the mind of a recruit with options.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News