ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball INSTANT RECAP: Rutgers beats Bryant, 73-71

Hey moderators, maybe don’t lock the game thread 5 seconds after the game ends. That’s where the crowd was and now you force a dispersal. So 10 people post their postgame “thoughts” all in their own new threads and it kills the discussion. Just a thought it’s your countr- I mean message board

Hey moderators, maybe don’t lock the game thread 5 seconds after the game ends. That’s where the crowd was and now you force a dispersal. So 10 people post their postgame “thoughts” all in their own new threads and it kills the discussion. Just a thought it’s your countr- I mean message board

Apologies will unlock it now and won’t do it in the future.

Numbers are in and Rutgers shot 3-21 from three
Ouch. I watched the entire game. Yes, it's upsetting to not beat a team like Bryant by 20+ points, but we were up 16 at one point and the fact that we couldn't hit the broadside of a barn and they were on fire from 3 in the second half, I was just happy to escape with the win.

I'll wax poetic: It was the first game. I watched a lot of so-called top tier teams play their first game over the last three nights and I watched a lot of bad outside shooting including Michigan State, who lost to Kentucky, because they couldn't hit a three to save their lives.

Am I concerned that we were so poor from beyond the new arc distance? No. Not yet. It's our first game. What I didn't like was once again poor FT shooting especially from Harper. This team needs to get their $hit together from the FT line and not shoot 56%. At this level, that's disgraceful.

Overall, Pikiell is going to figure out the best combinations of players and who will gel together, so I'm not concerned right now. If however, they play like this going forward, then we could be in trouble as a team. But right now, it was the first game and we won.

One last point: Pikiell and his staff need to get all over these kids for the poor transitional defense they played in the 2nd half. I counted on at least a half a dozen occasions when we didn't get back on defense. That needs to change starting against Niagra.

Reactions: BillyC80
Carino said around 5k attendance
With a good student section showing, but around 3k empty seats overall, including Kyks 2 empties

Will Sunday get a larger overall crowd?

No one cares about the Toilet Bowl in the Swamp, right?

ukxfjwc0tkfmxpfx92e1

The Mulcahy and Mathis +/- stick out. Caleb too but it feels like he didn't play in the 2nd half at all.

Reactions: BillyC80
Mulcahy’s +12 is very interesting. Let’s see if the “plus” becomes the norm with him in there.

I'll say again that I think Mathis' defense is extremely overrated by folks on this board. He overpursues and puts other defenders in bad spots.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT