ADVERTISEMENT

Podcast Griffiths enters Portal, Martini on campus + Spring Football Recap

Yeah this wasn’t a very good update. It went from a perspective of us possibly upgrading the center position to let’s hope we can find someone to do the basics. Gulp. Not good.

In the other pod with Hobbs, Hobbs mentioned that maybe someone who entered the portal might come back. I wonder who he could be talking about… the only ones I see possible are Cliff or Simpson

$600,000 for the Drexel guy. Are u saying that sandbox is waaay beyond Rutgers? Wut can we pay him? The podcast was...deflating I guess.

Reactions: bac2therac
I’ll wait and see what shakes out but if Martini ends up being our signature pick up then I’m definitely worried. 38% shooting from 3 is nice but this was the best he’s ever shot from the perimeter and 12 of his 3s (20%) came against one team in 2 games. And our guards from this season rebound better than him.

He’s fine to be 3rd best transfer in but if he’s our top dog that will be disappointing.

• Love
Reactions: rubigtimenow
I’ll wait and see what shakes out but if Martini ends up being our signature pick up then I’m definitely worried. 38% shooting from 3 is nice but this was the best he’s ever shot from the perimeter and 12 of his 3s (20%) came against one team in 2 games. And our guards from this season rebound better than him.

He’s fine to be 3rd best transfer in but if he’s our top dog that will be disappointing.
Holy crap. I never even thought of him being our signature pickup. He looks like a bench player and was hoping we’d be securing starters afterwards. Yikes.

If he’s our signature pickup then we chased away Gavin, Woolfolk, and Simpson to replace them with more Gavins, Woolfolks, and Simpsons. That makes no sense. Even I have more confidence than that.

Our roster mismanagement and inability to attract and land serious transfer portal candidates perpetuates the small time image of Rutgers Athletics that outsiders have. Is it that difficult to convince players to join a Big Ten team and play on a big stage?

Reactions: drewbagel423
Our roster mismanagement and inability to attract and land serious transfer portal candidates perpetuates the small time image of Rutgers Athletics that outsiders have. Is it that difficult to convince players to join a Big Ten team and play on a big stage?
with no offensive structure to benefit them, yes. Portal players are afraid of what GG is afraid of, which is playground ball with just a few guys dominating the ball.

If Pike let Simpson and Davis chuck, you can be sure he’s not going to limit the new 2 from the same.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT