ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers Basketball wing Gavin Griffiths enters Transfer Portal

I guess Paul and his family are rich (living it up in Bayonne). They don't care about life changing amounts of money like the $500k that was promised to him by Washington. Obviously we are super out of touch for thinking that money matters to people. I guess people are willing pass up hundreds of thousands of dollars all the time just to be nice and I just didn't realize it. I feel so dumb for having thought money matters.

And also, all those stories that came out saying that Paul was very upset when the promised NIL payday didn't arrive, and it was only half of the $500k that was promised. Must be fake news plants put out there by Pike to cover how bad a coach he is. It's all so logical.
Well he went to a private school right? And you're an expert who can pass judgement on their standard of living and the folks who live in Bayonne are poor folk lol. Got it. And the word was $400k not $500k. And after taxes how much is the difference between what Rutgers was giving and his Grateful Four Foundation? How much after taxes is that "Life Changing Money" ? Since YOU have the facts here why don't you share so we know the 100% truth?

IF you read (but clearly didn't comprehend what I said) I acknowledged that perhaps offers may have come thru that effected his decision. Its right there in the comments you quoted. But don't let that get in your way. Unbelievable.

I am going to accuse you of cherry picking to make a point. That's what you're doing. It's evident in the fact that you included the Ivy League for some reason. It's evident in the fact that you included "any tournament" so you can throw in Hofstra when we lose. To be clear I don't think you're doing it on purpose; I think you fool yourself as well.

I did some of my own work. It's included in the post. Did you read it?

Again, did you read the post? The word annoying doesn't even refer to you or any person at all so not sure how that bothers you. Yes, I think some of the cherry picking makes things nonsense. Deal with it.

For someone so easily offended by the word "annoying" it really does not take much to get you to reciprocate (what you perceive as) a personal attack.

Ok, maybe it was last six lol. Do you think that changes my point?
When you make the comments you did to trash my data I'm supposed to know that one of them didn't refer to me. OK. You want to exclude teams like Hofstra from the NIT and Princeton (who everyone thinks we should beat Hofstra or shouldn't be playing because we risk losing (Princeton) don't fit YOUR agenda. And I'm Cherry picking. Hah. You want to add leagues that we don't play. You don't think how we play vs. local competitive teams is relevant. Losing to teams just a tad below us isn't relative. THAT'S how you scorecard against your peers.
And now you admit your accusation about what games I added in prior analysis was wrong. OK.
You don't like my data again I say tough to you as well. It is what it is. Turn it into some glowing report . Go for it. You're free to do it as much as anyone. I never said Pike was a bad coach. I have said he is average. That hurts the poor feelings of people basing it off of a POS history. YOU deal with it.

Well he went to a private school right? And you're an expert who can pass judgement on their standard of living and the folks who live in Bayonne are poor folk lol. Got it. And the word was $400k not $500k. And after taxes how much is the difference between what Rutgers was giving and his Grateful Four Foundation? How much after taxes is that "Life Changing Money" ? Since YOU have the facts here why don't you share so we know the 100% truth?

IF you read (but clearly didn't comprehend what I said) I acknowledged that perhaps offers may have come thru that effected his decision. Its right there in the comments you quoted. But don't let that get in your way. Unbelievable.
I assume he got an athletic scholarship.

Don't need to be an expert. I can look up the average income in Bayonne on the internet. It's not rich. I also know its reputation is that of old school blue collar.

400k vs 500k, doesn't change my point even if you are right.

I'm not aware of the Grateful4 foundation, or whatever it was, giving away large sums of money. Just for yucks I looked it up and it doesn't seem to exist. If it gave away money or did actual programming that cost money, it would have a 1099 on record.

The gist of your comments was that "I do not believe that for a instant. I still hold Paul left because of Pike bringing in Fernadez."

Last edited:
When you make the comments you did to trash my data I'm supposed to know that one of them didn't refer to me.
Yes. If you read the post the word "annoying" very clearly refers to the task of averaging together separate years to create a consistent list. It doesn't refer to a person at all. Again, you need to read the post.
OK. You want to exclude teams like Hofstra from the NIT and Princeton (who everyone thinks we should beat Hofstra or shouldn't be playing because we risk losing (Princeton) don't fit YOUR agenda. And I'm Cherry picking.
No! I want you to pick a consistent criteria if you want to do this. I did something similar and didn't even get a result that different from you. But if you go in and at the same time claim to filter by conference and then also filter out 1 out of 2 Hofstra games (guess which one we won! it wasn't the one you kept!) you're not approaching it correctly.

Hah. You want to add leagues that we don't play. You don't think how we play vs. local competitive teams is relevant. Losing to teams just a tad below us isn't relative. THAT'S how you scorecard against your peers.
You don't like my data again I say tough to you as well. It is what it is. Turn it into some glowing report . Go for it. You're free to do it as much as anyone. I never said Pike was a bad coach. I have said he is average. That hurts the poor feelings of people basing it off of a POS history. YOU deal with it.
This is all ridiculous strawmanning.
And now you admit your accusation about what games I added in prior analysis was wrong. OK.
Holy shit dude what are you talking about? Whether it was 5 games or 3 games or 6 games is not anywhere remotely close to the point. YOU ADMITTED DOING THE VERY THING I'M SAYING YOU DID. You picked some "X" games at the end of the season and were all like "well Pike sucks in this span of X games". That's bad! That doesn't work! Whether X was 3 or 6 or 2 or 5 doesn't ****ing matter.

Also, this whole exchange is like:

Dennis - posts some data
Dennis - I KEEP POSTING THIS DATA AND NOONE DARES CHALLENGE IT
Fluox - points out issues with the data
Dennis - WHY ARE YOU BEING SO MEAN AND INSULTING MY DATA???

For the triple post..

What do you think people who disagree with you and believe Pike is an above average coach think? Do you think they actually refute the obvious fact that Pike has been a ~0.500 coach against power comp over the last five years? Like, you're going to come in here, post W/L records that everyone observed with their own eyes, and what?

The disagreements are very obviously about the context of the data.

Also, this whole exchange is like:

Dennis - posts some data
Dennis - I KEEP POSTING THIS DATA AND NOONE DARES CHALLENGE IT
Fluox - points out issues with the data
Dennis - WHY ARE YOU BEING SO MEAN AND INSULTING MY DATA???

No, this whole exchange is like:

Fluox:
(quote, "you are ignoring content from this member")
points out issues
points out issues
Fluox:
points out issues
points out issues
Fluox:
points out issues
points out issues

🤣 🤣 🤣

I assume he got an athletic scholarship.

Don't need to be an expert. I can look up the average income in Bayonne on the internet. It's not rich. I also know its reputation is that of old school blue collar.

400k vs 500k, doesn't change my point even if you are right.

I'm not aware of the Grateful4 foundation or whatever it was giving away large sums of money. Just for yucks I looked it up and it doesn't seem to exist. If it gave away money it would have a 1099 on record.

The gist of your comments was that "I do not believe that for a instant. I still hold Paul left because of Pike bringing in Fernadez."
for starters. Private Schools are not allowed to offer athletic scholarships per my search and even other tuition assistance is supposed to be needs based. (now I'm not stupid enough to believe there isn't something there but that is what the search yields)

And I said AFTER taxes.. so let's Rutgers was giving him $200k or could have gotten. And extra $150k AFTER taxes is "life changing money"? A factor? Yeah. THE factor? As I said I am not buying it.
Paul deciding to leave Rutgers because he wasn't going to be the PG or lose his role as primary PG can still very much be the trigger that had him looking at other bigger NIL deals. No?

Here's the link to Paul's Foundation. It wasn't but a single Google click.

Last edited:
Yes. If you read the post the word "annoying" very clearly refers to the task of averaging together separate years to create a consistent list. It doesn't refer to a person at all. Again, you need to read the post.

No! I want you to pick a consistent criteria if you want to do this. I did something similar and didn't even get a result that different from you. But if you go in and at the same time claim to filter by conference and then also filter out 1 out of 2 Hofstra games (guess which one we won! it wasn't the one you kept!) you're not approaching it correctly.

This is all ridiculous strawmanning.

Holy shit dude what are you talking about? Whether it was 5 games or 3 games or 6 games is not anywhere remotely close to the point. YOU ADMITTED DOING THE VERY THING I'M SAYING YOU DID. You picked some "X" games at the end of the season and were all like "well Pike sucks in this span of X games". That's bad! That doesn't work! Whether X was 3 or 6 or 2 or 5 doesn't ****ing matter.

IIRC correctly it wasn't just some random stretch of games. I picked something like the last third of the season plus the B1G Tourney. So it was more like last 8-9. Mid-February on. And how team finish the season matters. The NCAA used to use it as a tourney selection criteria. Doing a great job getting into a post season and then flopping matters in my opinion. I realize there are A LOT of Rutgers fans who just value getting invited. That's no longer MY standard.

I have ZERO issue with you or anyone offering up opinions on how better to look at things (in your opinions). Trying to tell me what I was thinking or I manipulated the data for an agenda is pure bull$hit. Explaining away just 1 of the 4 judgmental personal comments you made in your retort saying that one wasn't direct to me and disregarding the others...well THAT sir is Cherry Picking 101. I wasn't annoying you but my effort to fairly show his results were "unreasonable" "biased" and "nonsense'". Actually not bad when taken separately but perhaps when you look at them you could understand why Annoying kind of fits in there. Over sensitive a tad? Yeah. I guess they way people interact on a social platform is just supposed to be accepted these days. I'm guilty of living in a different mindset.

I'm triggered by poster's (or in this case post) who think THEY are the only smart ones on here and can't just have a reasonable exchange without the emotional personal inserts when they don't agree. So I'll edit my comment to "People like that can kiss my a$$" so you don't think it was meant for you that time 😉 (see what I did there?).
I generally like your material but I always feel like you're lurking out there to jump. You did and I jumped back. Carry on.

Last edited:
Reactions: bac2therac
for starters. Private Schools are not allowed to offer athletic scholarships per my search and even other tuition assistance is supposed to be needs based. (now I'm not stupid enough to believe there isn't something there but that is what the search yields)

And I said AFTER taxes.. so let's Rutgers was giving him $200k or could have gotten. And extra $150k AFTER taxes is "life changing money"? A factor? Yeah. THE factor? As I said I am not buying it.
Paul deciding to leave Rutgers because he wasn't going to be the PG or lose his role as primary PG can still very much be the trigger that had him looking at other bigger NIL deals. No?

Here's the link to Paul's Foundation. It wasn't but a single Google click.
I found the website. But you were implying that because he has a foundation giving away money he must not care about NIL money. If that were the case there would be a 1099. A website selling merch with his brand on it doesn't suggest he's beyond caring about NIL money.

Oh, and regarding the scholarship thing...what are you even saying? Are you saying that all the kids that play for elite athletic private schools are paying to attend? Is that what you are saying? Or are you just arguing to argue?

Last edited:
I found the website. But you were implying that because he has a foundation giving away money he must not care about NIL money. If that were the case there would be a 1099. A website selling merch with his brand on it doesn't suggest he's beyond caring about NIL money.

Oh, and regarding the scholarship thing...what are you even saying? Are you saying that all the kids that play for elite athletic private schools are paying to attend? Is that what you are saying? Or are you just arguing to argue?
I feel left out of this argument, but the next thing Ostrich96 actually understands about Rutgers basketball will be his first.

• Haha
Reactions: runrutgersrun

My God sir how can you miss "what I am saying" when I put it right there and even acknowledge some of what you are saying COULD be true? I SAID that according to what I see on the internet (BELOW FOR YOU TO SEE AND READ) it is a fact and 100% against the law for NJ kids to be given sports scholarship's....and then said but I'm sure there is a workaround of sorts..GOT IT? I also acknowledged that perhaps NIL did become a factor but IMO it was after he decided to leave and not the main reason..HOW is this so difficult to understand?

Just for you direct from the NJSSIA:
D. Athletic Recruitment – This subsection prohibits the recruiting of high school students
c. Offering athletic scholarships, free tuition or other monetary assistance, either from the school directly or indirectly through some affiliated body or individual, to induce a student to attend the school for athletic reasons.

You said "I assume he got an athletic scholarship" . Well they don't exist. But you still don't want to believe it.
You said "I looked for the Grateful4 foundation and it doesn't exist" . Well I sent you the link and now "you found it".... was that before or after I showed you that fact as well?

You were factually wrong on both accounts. You don't want to admit it. OK. But here is where you are correct. Arguing with you is useless. Best regards.

My God sir how can you miss "what I am saying" when I put it right there and even acknowledge some of what you are saying COULD be true? I SAID that according to what I see on the internet (BELOW FOR YOU TO SEE AND READ) it is a fact and 100% against the law for NJ kids to be given sports scholarship's....and then said but I'm sure there is a workaround of sorts..GOT IT? I also acknowledged that perhaps NIL did become a factor but IMO it was after he decided to leave and not the main reason..HOW is this so difficult to understand?

D. Athletic Recruitment – This subsection prohibits the recruiting of high school students
c. Offering athletic scholarships, free tuition or other monetary assistance, either from the school directly or indirectly through some affiliated body or individual, to induce a student to attend the school for athletic reasons.

You said "I assume he got an athletic scholarship" . Well they don't exist. But you still don't want to believe it.
You said "I looked for the Grateful4 foundation and it doesn't exist" . Well I sent you the link and now "you found it".... was that before or after I showed you that fact as well?

You were factually wrong on both accounts. You don't want to admit it. OK. But here is where you are correct. Arguing with you is useless. Best regards.
Yes, useless. Doesn’t understand anything, buries his head in the sand in utter ignorance. Is why I call him Ostrich96

Yes, useless. Doesn’t understand anything, buries his head in the sand in utter ignorance. Is why I call him Ostrich96
I’m not really getting it. Could you explain the nickname further? Also which poster does it refer to? Thanks.

I'm going to hop off of this merry go round

It would be funny if he went to UConn.

With Clingan declaring for the Draft if I was Omoyuri that would be the first place I would look at.

It's Kiss my ass. But none of you can figure out the difference. And that's not too surprising from your group.
Lmao

This is like when I said you talked about the last three games as a cherry pick and you are like “no it was the last SIX games”

Yup, you got me lol

The Nebraska game at the RAC is gonna be a freaking bloodbath. @MiloTalon13 hope you’re ready for it since backbone doesn’t seem to run in the family.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT