ADVERTISEMENT

INT at end of 1st half - shouldn't count

NickRU714

Heisman Winner
Aug 18, 2009
I've always thought they should have a "Team INT" stat for end of half/game Hail Mary passes.

Shouldn't really count as a pass attempt/incompletion and INT against Gio and the offense.

I've been as critical as anyone of our passing game but this wasn't on the coaches or Gio.

I've always thought they should have a "Team INT" stat for end of half/game Hail Mary passes.

Shouldn't really count as a pass attempt/incompletion and INT against Gio and the offense.

I've been as critical as anyone of our passing game but this wasn't on the coaches or Gio.

If the INT doesn't count than neither should a TD pass if that's the result.

You can't have it both ways.

If the INT doesn't count than neither should a TD pass if that's the result.

You can't have it both ways.

Sorry, I meant it shouldn't count against Gio or the offense in the stat sheet. Should be a separate stat category.

Said the same thing. Should be a different stat. Like a muffed punt vs. a fumble.

Though it was silly how the announcers coming back to the second half was really harping on Gio being careless with the ball and throwing an interception.It was an "arm punt" that didn't change anything.

His interception was nothing compared to the pick 6 that the MD QB threw.

well the guy could have run it back for a td...yes it was careless, no reason to throw it right to a Maryland guy like a limp duck

It counts as a stat, and it should. But who cares.

It does not reflect poorly on him when his coaches evaluate the game.

By the way, KC scored today on the coolest Hail Mary situation play I have ever seen. RU should steal that one.

During his press conference, Coach Ash said we had a turnover free game. The reporters tried to correct him by pointing out this INT and Coach smiled and said, "that one doesn't count," or something similar. "This was a turnover free game." (Paraphrased) :)

Reactions: Scarlet16E
RMSKDHw.gif

Looked like he had at least one foot in.

Curious why many fans ask when games are replayed? I assumed most fans would have a DVR to record the games. I would miss so many football and basketball games without one.

Curious why many fans ask when games are replayed? I assumed most fans would have a DVR to record the games. I would miss so many football and basketball games without one.
I usually do but when I went to record it on BTN it didn't have our game but another B1G game so I didn't hit record.

Pass should have been thrown away instead of being in bounds. No reasonable RU receiver in sight. Thus, it should count as a real INT.

I usually do but when I went to record it on BTN it didn't have our game but another B1G game so I didn't hit record.

Ok. I just did a Google search and wound up installing the Big 10 network 2 go app and put in my Xfinity credentials and started watching the replay. It looks like if you subscribe to the BIG10 network through your cable or satellite provider you can watch the replay.

Reactions: RC1978
I don't understand rationale of OP. Yes, the INT was meaningless. So then, should only "meaningful" stats count? Exactly where do you apply the brakes on that slippery slope? How many of JLew's TD's against Morgan State would you take away?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT