ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Discussion I had today with someone in the know on Corey Sanders and RU Basketball

A

anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy

So today I was talking with a guy who currently plays pro ball in europe, his brother is an NBA agent, he was recruited by RU but opted to go elsewhere and wound up averaging 15ppg his senior year in the ACC.

1) Regarding Corey, his brother who is an NBA agent says he knows who corey is and thinks right now he's G League at best, and that G league money really provides zero incentive to leave school. Said he'd be foolish not to come back to RU for his senior year and believes if he talks to any agents they'll mostly say the same thing but all it takes is one desperate agent to blow smoke up his ass to cause him to leave. I then brought up, well yeah if he doesn't get to the NBA he can just go to europe. He said that euro ball isn't what it's hyped up to be. He said the pay in euro ball right now is "shit" and unless youre willing to go into a really dangerous area (he mentioned Libya) then you won't be making 6 figures. He currently is with a team in Israel but is hurt and out for the year so he's back in NJ now.

2) Regarding RU basketball, I asked him why the hell the top NJ kids won't take the leap to RU. His answer straight up was "because rutgers doesnt cheat" haha. I followed up with him about that and he said he thinks with the whole fbi thing that things might change but also that cash is king. In other words cash can replace wire transfers and that's not traceable.

Just a couple interesting tidbits I got from talking to him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News