ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Game Thread

First game I'm watching this year - maybe I shouldn't have!

RU looks like a mess on defense, and Iowa simply cannot miss from 3.

What a terrible quarter! 28-12. Do they ever miss? But they are getting clean looks. Our D not effective at all.
Not causing any turnovers. No flow to our O.

Reactions: KevH
Arella looks slow and forcing things. Diamond is our star and the only one showing up.

All 4 travels have been called by the same ref, they haven't called several fouls on Iowa and missed a travel so bad the player had her bags packed for a month of travel.

Arella has 5 TOs in the first half, I believe 4 are from Travels which means the refs want a hand in this game

Really nice comeback! They pulled it together. 40-42 at the half. Diamond had a chance to tie it with a last minute steal, but was off with the layup. Let's keep up the hustle, ladies!

Reactions: rutgerssax
A missed layup! Dang, could be tied.

Of the four called travels only one looked to me to be true.

Reactions: rutgerssax
The team looked asleep the first 12minutes of the game, looked slow and not into it. Boy did they turn it around. Diamond seems to be taking her matchup with fellow freshman guard Caitlin Clark personally, and the press is getting to Iowa. Meanwhile, RU itself got hot from 3 in the third quarter.

Concern is Zippy hasn't played since the first few minutes, and potentially has some crutches on the bench? It did look like she pulled something, hoping she is okay.

Ok started the 4th quarter the same as the second; turned up the defensive intensity and now down 1 63-62

What just happened?? Rutgers hits a 3 and then there’s a timeout on Iowa before the shot?? How is that possible ??? Refs have it in again? The and-1s for Iowa down the stretch the difference in this one

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT