ADVERTISEMENT

Football Iowa / Rutgers kickoff set for 3:30pm on BTN

Perfect- wish we had more of the afternoon games at home for the best tailgating school in the B1G. I also like gmes on BTN as it allows me to DVR them.
The games on national TV don't allow you to DRV their streams. If you start a game, you can pause but you can't pre-DVR.
I have to make sure my wife understands that 12 noon this Saturday means 12 noon- not 12:30. lol

Reactions: Scarlet1984
Perfect- wish we had more of the afternoon games at home for the best tailgating school in the B1G. I also like gmes on BTN as it allows me to DVR them.
The games on national TV don't allow you to DRV their streams. If you start a game, you can pause but you can't pre-DVR.
I have to make sure my wife understands that 12 noon this Saturday means 12 noon- not 12:30. lol
Learn to tailgate before AND after a noon kickoff. It's not rocket science that two tailgates are better then one.

How is that? 3:30 Eastern is only 2:30 their time.

Ah, my bad, that's right it will be only 2:30 out there for game time. Forgot about the time zone difference. Which means the sun will be setting 2 hours after the game starts.

395649206_909097513915883_8630751956366544287_n.jpg

??? Cant DVR BTN?
I do without any issue. I have Directv. What are you using?

Reactions: Bagarocks
Michigan State with another night game. That's going to be 5 night games this year. I know some are decided pre-season but were all 5 locked in from the start?

9/1 (Friday) - 7:00 vs. Central Michigan - FS1
9/30 - 7:30 vs. Iowa - NBC
10/21 - 7:30 vs. Michigan - NBC
11/11 - 7:30 vs. Ohio State - NBC
11/24 (Friday) - 7:30 vs. Penn State - NBC (at Ford Field)

Michigan State with another night game. That's going to be 5 night games this year. I know some are decided pre-season but were all 5 locked in from the start?

9/1 (Friday) - 7:00 vs. Central Michigan - FS1
9/30 - 7:30 vs. Iowa - NBC
10/21 - 7:30 vs. Michigan - NBC
11/11 - 7:30 vs. Ohio State - NBC
11/24 (Friday) - 7:30 vs. Penn State - NBC (at Ford Field)
Interesting MSU playing PSU at Ford?

Interesting MSU playing PSU at Ford?

I'm expecting PSU and Maryland games to both be on the Fox networks. PSU I have no idea what time it will be but I'm guessing Maryland will be 330/4 along with Minny/Wisconsin.

It sure looks like they wanted to fix things so that Michigan-OSU is an undefeated matchup.

PSU is probably 7-10 points better if the Michigan game is a whiteout instead of noon.

It sure looks like they wanted to fix things so that Michigan-OSU is an undefeated matchup.

PSU is probably 7-10 points better if the Michigan game is a whiteout instead of noon.
PSU asked for the game to be at noon. They dont like playing November night games.

How the hell does Minnesota v. Purdue get NBC, while RU vs. Iowa is relegated to BTN?
Exactly my question when I look at that lineup and game slots.

Michigan - PSU - clearly the best game that weekend, noon on Fox makes perfect sense.

Ohio State - MSU is not very interesting at this stage other than driving slowly past a car accident - but at least the Buckeyes are a top 5 program, so that makes sense from that angle, too.

But Purdue will almost definitely be 2-7 after Saturday. Their fans took their lumps with multiple Peacock games, but back to back NBC appearances don't appear to be warranted. It's not like Minnesota will be ranked, either.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Exactly my question when I look at that lineup and game slots.

Michigan - PSU - clearly the best game that weekend, noon on Fox makes perfect sense.

Ohio State - MSU is not very interesting at this stage other than driving slowly past a car accident - but at least the Buckeyes are a top 5 program, so that makes sense from that angle, too.

But Purdue will almost definitely be 2-7 after Saturday. Their fans took their lumps with multiple Peacock games, but back to back NBC appearances don't appear to be warranted. It's not like Minnesota will be ranked, either.
They did it to ensure Fox/FS1 has the best B1G games over the final 2 weeks.

Reactions: Knight Shift
They did it to ensure Fox/FS1 has the best B1G games over the final 2 weeks.
What's the connection?

Week 12, no times /TV yet:

Rutgers at Penn State
Michigan at Maryland
Michigan State at Indiana
Illinois at Iowa
Purdue at Northwestern
Minnesota at Ohio State
Nebraska at Wisconsin

Final week of season:

Friday, noon Eastern, CBS: Iowa at Nebraska
Friday, 730 PM Eastern, NBC: Penn State vs Michigan State in Detroit
Saturday, noon Eastern, Fox: Ohio State at Michigan

TBD:
Maryland at Rutgers
Northwestern at Illinois
Wisconsin at Minnesota
Indiana at Purdue

Those are locked in already.

Ah, my bad, that's right it will be only 2:30 out there for game time. Forgot about the time zone difference. Which means the sun will be setting 2 hours after the game starts.
but still after the time change, so the sun will still be setting during the 2nd half.

What's the connection?

Week 12, no times /TV yet:

Rutgers at Penn State
Michigan at Maryland
Michigan State at Indiana
Illinois at Iowa
Purdue at Northwestern
Minnesota at Ohio State
Nebraska at Wisconsin

Final week of season:

Friday, noon Eastern, CBS: Iowa at Nebraska
Friday, 730 PM Eastern, NBC: Penn State vs Michigan State in Detroit
Saturday, noon Eastern, Fox: Ohio State at Michigan

TBD:
Maryland at Rutgers
Northwestern at Illinois
Wisconsin at Minnesota
Indiana at Purdue

Those are locked in already.
Each network has a certain amount of slots. Of the games that aren't identified:

Week 12 will have 3 BTN, 3 Fox/FS1, 1 NBC
Week 13 will have 2 BTN, 2 Fox/FS1

Obviously the 3s and 2s can flip but here's how I see it shaking out:

Mich/MD Fox 330pm
OSU/Minny BTN 330pm
RU/PSU Fox 12pm
MSU/IU BTN 12pm
Ill/Iowa FS1 330pm
Purdue/NW BTN 12pm
Neb/Wisconsin NBC 730pm

Maryland/RU Fox/FS1 330pm
NW/Illinois BTN 330pm