ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa's Bohannon having surgery...

dkostus

All American
Feb 10, 2002
...could be out next season. Feel bad for anyone that has to go through that, but from a standings viewpoint this could really hurt them for next year.

Heard Iowa has some good talent coming in but I think we can beat them head to head and finish above them in the standings especially if he's out and cook is gone

Reactions: shields
Heard Iowa has some good talent coming in but I think we can beat them head to head and finish above them in the standings especially if he's out and cook is gone
Isaiah Moss, three year starter, also transferring.

Isaiah Moss, three year starter, also transferring.

This guy was testing the NBA waters a year ago and had a sub-par year this season.

I sense some PT concerns with the coach’s two sons on the team. “Daddy ball” almost always causes issues.

Every time I see or hear Bohannon's name, I am reminded of the song Genius of Love by the Tom Tom Club :)

Reactions: RUMountie
The impact on Iowa could be mind-blowing in a sense they struggle big time next year. Iowa was on the cusp of being a top 5 team in the B1G, and now they may find itself fighting it out in the lower 1/3 of the conference. Iowa may have a season like Wisconsin had two years ago.

Also , Michigan will be way down next year . Lose at least three guys to the draft and their best recruit plus coach . Definitely a year we should be able to move up

The basketball big 10 feels a lot like the football big ten in and around the early 2010s. Pretty weak aside from the top 2 teams (and are the top 2 teams now even the strong?)

The stars are aligning - the window between now and signing period for 2020 recruiting is absolutely huge. We cannot waste it. I hope and think Pike will get it done but he’s gotta go do it on the recruiting trail.

Reactions: RUHouston
The basketball big 10 feels a lot like the football big ten in and around the early 2010s. Pretty weak aside from the top 2 teams (and are the top 2 teams now even the strong?)
Well, the Top 2 includes the projected #1 team in the country. Maryland and OSU also could be top 15 this year depending on certain things. But yeah, after that it looks wide open.

Michigan looked like it would do Michigan things even losing 3 guys, but losing Beilein hurts. Iowa was projected #5 or so in the league but clearly has real issues. No way to know what Wisconsin will do without Happ.

Purdue probably gets the nod as #4 due to consistency, but losing Edwards makes it hard to project. After that who knows?

He doesn’t play D. He is great when he is in a zone making 3s. When he isn’t he really doesn’t move the needle for Iowa.

Hope its not serious but i wont miss watching him flop like a fish, that’s for sure
I had this exact same surgery on my left hip the last week of August 2016. I was back playing full ice hockey by January 2017. So 4 months for me. Though I did have some setbacks. Was not fully “healthy” until about April 2017.
My point is if he gets surgery at end of May I am fully confident he will be fully back and in playing shape by February the latest if not earlier. Kid is young and will have a ton of rehab options.
As for me, my other hip is giving me trouble and I’m in tons of pain daily mown. Hoping to make it through the Chicago marathon in October then see what happens. Though not looking promising.

Well, the Top 2 includes the projected #1 team in the country. Maryland and OSU also could be top 15 this year depending on certain things. But yeah, after that it looks wide open.

Michigan looked like it would do Michigan things even losing 3 guys, but losing Beilein hurts. Iowa was projected #5 or so in the league but clearly has real issues. No way to know what Wisconsin will do without Happ.

Purdue probably gets the nod as #4 due to consistency, but losing Edwards makes it hard to project. After that who knows?

Hoiberg is making quite a splash on the recruiting trail already. I expect him to make model Nebby after his old Iowa State teams as he’s already picking up quality transfers.

I would wait and see how Michigan’s roster shapes up. Might be some elite talent coming in if Howard is named coach as expected.

Wouldn't be shocked if we made the final four in the Big 10 Tournament. The window is there.

Reactions: Scangg
Due to the various things others have mentioned the timing might be perfect for us to move up....and even Illinois.

After that maybe it becomes more self-sustaining and keeps us solidly in the middle tier for now...

I had this exact same surgery on my left hip the last week of August 2016. I was back playing full ice hockey by January 2017. So 4 months for me. Though I did have some setbacks. Was not fully “healthy” until about April 2017.
My point is if he gets surgery at end of May I am fully confident he will be fully back and in playing shape by February the latest if not earlier. Kid is young and will have a ton of rehab options.
As for me, my other hip is giving me trouble and I’m in tons of pain daily mown. Hoping to make it through the Chicago marathon in October then see what happens. Though not looking promising.

If he’s back and able to play in Feb, he’ll just redshirt. Good luck to the kid; hate to see injuries.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT