ADVERTISEMENT

Ireland and college football

Great post but I’ve gotta challenge cliffs of moher. How can you not want to visit that? It’s incredible! It’s awe inspiring. It’s riven in history! The freakin Spanish Armada smashed into the banks while in retreat from the British navy, with the Irish collecting the Spaniards as they floated to shore and finishing them off once and for all! How’s that not one of the most riveting things to do? I loved it
Same thing happened with the Manasquanians collecting the bennies at the Jersey Shore.

• Love
Reactions: Randal7
Great post but I’ve gotta challenge cliffs of moher. How can you not want to visit that? It’s incredible! It’s awe inspiring. It’s riven in history! The freakin Spanish Armada smashed into the banks while in retreat from the British navy, with the Irish collecting the Spaniards as they floated to shore and finishing them off once and for all! How’s that not one of the most riveting things to do? I loved it
Yeah.

First time, do not skip it. Do both if you can as @robcac26 suggested.

One of the cool things about a visit to the Cliffs is no matter the weather your pics always come out great.

+ It’s why you’ll see different color helmets while watching hurling. Always thought it was weird that the County doesn’t have a helmet for the rest of the uniform.

* FDNY has one too…

fdny-red-jersey-jb100820-111420-style2-3d-front.jpg

Yeah it's weird, but on the other hand since the jersey numbers correspond to the positions, each player's jersey number varies, so the helmets become the easiest way to remember who is who. In recent years there was a modified hurling tournament at Fenway Park and one at Citi Field. I went to the one at Fenway and had no idea who was who because for whatever reason, this one time they actually did supply matching helmets.

Yeah it's weird, but on the other hand since the numbers correspond to the positions, so each player's jersey number varies, the helmets become the easiest way to remember who is who. In recent years there was a modified hurling tournament at Fenway Park and one at Citi Field. I went to the one at Fenway and had no idea who was who because for whatever reason, this one time they actually did supply matching helmets.
I was chastised on social media from the Irish GAA folks for raising the question of why not have a uniform look at the County level.

Club support is as mentioned huge.

I was chastised on social media from the Irish GAA folks for raising the question of why not have a uniform look at the County level.

Club support is as mentioned huge.
Ha yeah they're pretty set in their ways. But even at the club level you have different color helmets, some guys wear their county color and others wear a helmet that doesn't even match their club or county. My guess is that since it was such a battle to force these guys to wear a helmet at all, they weren't going to try to make them get two different colors to match club and county.

I always thought hurling was a college intramural sport for kids whose parents didn't let them drink in HS. A pretty popular sport with freshmen from what I observed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT