ADVERTISEMENT

It's over...Suriano to Rutgers..Eligible immediately

It's finally over(cries)!!!!! I'm so ****ing happy for RU and the Surianos. 3 glorious years of seeing Nicky wrestle in a RU singlet LETS GOOOOOO!!'

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Bill, from the start, you indicated that PSU support would make the waiver a rubberstamp, right? So, their word/desire would carry a lot of weight? However, when PSU supposedly says, "No, we don't support it," the committee disregards and goes against PSU? So, the rubber stamp only applies if PSU favors the waiver? Seems confusing.
The only logical answer to your question is there was a damm good reason to let the kid out against the standing rule.

The only logical answer to your question is there was a damm good reason to let the kid out against the standing rule.
But the committee would do something without a good reason, if PSU approved it? Right. If there were good reasons against doing it, would the committee also grant the waiver if PSU said yes?

The reason must have been compelling for this to be the outcome. I did not get the sense from the tone of the discussion here that this was expected by either side. There was no real precedent for it and the rule seemed pretty straightforward.

The more compelling it was perhaps also makes it less likely we should ever know exactly what it was. Personally I never got overly upset with the penn state side on this. Meaning the school could have been more accommodating and put the desired wishes of a student athlete first but they are under no obligation to do so and time will tell if they will face any negative repercussions for their behavior. Given the strength of their program and their ability to reload every year I might have thought they would have just moved on. Obviously they thought there was a principle at stake worth maintaining.

Time to move on and figure out how best to fill the likely hole caused by Ash's injury.

bottom line for you and all PSU jerks like you ...

Suriano disliked being at PSU, admitted he made a mistake by going there in the first place, preferred RUTGERS over PSU, had valid reason to leave and make the switch as demonstrated by this ruling, DESPITE the fact that CS was being a dick and not cooperating.

now...DEAL WITH IT and go away.

PS...as a parting message, do realize that CS got his jock handed to him here, trying to get cute and release Nick to only RU, and then trying to hide behind the B1G transfer rule. Well, his play failed, and now he looks petty. This should give pause to future NJ recruits considering heading West.

But the committee would do something without a good reason, if PSU approved it? Right. If there were good reasons against doing it, would the committee also grant the waiver if PSU said yes?

I have never been in either PSU or RU training rooms.
I do know that every individual is different with different personalities.
What motivates some people, may demotivate others.
I think PSU has had 2 high profile wrestles transfer out (Bubba and Nick).
I don't see this transfer putting any cracks in PSU's armor.
Did any see mark hall perform on the world stage?
How about mason manville?

RU is my favorite team to watch.
PSU is my 2nd favorite team to follow.

Lets get ready for the season and enjoy the upcoming season!!!!
Go RU!!

Will Matter be buying RU tixkets? Lol, c'mon Andy, I'll buy you a beer and a burger at Arthur's before the Penn St match, I'm serious!

I already bought tickets for this year. Guess Cael and PSU didn't block anything.

And if you think about it for two seconds, the position that I stated - that Penn State's stance on the waiver had no effect on the B1G decision - seems to be pretty much spot on.

Last edited:
bottom line for you and all PSU jerks like you ...

Suriano disliked being at PSU, admitted he made a mistake by going there in the first place, preferred RUTGERS over PSU, had valid reason to leave and make the switch as demonstrated by this ruling, DESPITE the fact that CS was being a dick and not cooperating.

now...DEAL WITH IT and go away.

PS...as a parting message, do realize that CS got his jock handed to him here, trying to get cute and release Nick to only RU, and then trying to hide behind the B1G transfer rule. Well, his play failed, and now he looks petty. This should give pause to future NJ recruits considering heading West.

You realize Cael Sanderson has never had his jock handed to him, even now? Only undefeated 4-timer, 6 of the last 7 national championships, tied for most national champions in a given year with 5, Olympic champion, perhaps the best ever recruiting class in 2018 and the accolades go on and on and on. Suriano leaving is like a mosquito on an elephant's ass in Cael's grand scheme of things. But, just like everything else in this saga, Rutgers fans continue to read everything to make themselves feel better, including getting a kid not through superior recruiting, not through the promise of multiple team championships, but because the kid was homesick. Congrats!

You realize Cael Sanderson has never had his jock handed to him, even now? Only undefeated 4-timer, 6 of the last 7 national championships, tied for most national champions in a given year with 5, Olympic champion, perhaps the best ever recruiting class in 2018 and the accolades go on and on and on. Suriano leaving is like a mosquito on an elephant's ass in Cael's grand scheme of things. But, just like everything else in this saga, Rutgers fans continue to read everything to make themselves feel better, including getting a kid not through superior recruiting, not through the promise of multiple team championships, but because the kid was homesick. Congrats!

I tried reading this but all I got out of it is "whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"... go back to the middle of nowhere PA

Reactions: RUonBrain
I have read hundreds of your posts on this topic. No get the hell out of here you damn loser. I for one am done being respectful to assholes like these. CS is a great coach but a lesser man. Just like a great football coach you had. Congrats!

I have read hundreds of your posts on this topic. No get the hell out of here you damn loser. I for one am done being respectful to assholes like these. CS is a great coach but a lesser man. Just like a great football coach you had. Congrats!
Man, I must have touched a nerve with that one. :smiley:

Reactions: KidDagger
21316096_1464081323628925_429171412651031197_o.jpg

Reactions: jerzey devil
I was already looking forward to the wrestling (and basketball) season. This is a great break for our program and a special treat for us fans. Very grateful to have Nick back home in NJ.

I don't know the answer to this question but CS spent several hours at Suriano's home in July or August trying to convince him to stay st PSU. I wonder at that time if the Surianos told CS their reasons for leaving and seeking a waiver? In that way PS would have an idea what the committee would hear.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT