ADVERTISEMENT

It's time to wonder if guys don't like working for Ash?

I used to work with a guy who everybody said was a genius

At some point a coworker and I were talking about some work he had done. We both thought it was crap and I remarked "but he is a genius".

She looked at me and said "Has he ever done anything that you would consider genius or are you saying that because everyone else says it?"

At that point, I stopped thinking he was a genius

Everybody said Drew was a genius, but l never saw it - not in his play calling and not in his press conferences

Maybe we need to stop thinking he is a genius

Reactions: rubaseball78

At some point a coworker and I were talking about some work he had done. We both thought it was crap and I remarked "but he is a genius".

She looked at me and said "Has he ever done anything that you would consider genius or are you saying that because everyone else says it?"

Everybody said Drew was a genius, but l never saw it - not in his play calling and not in his press conferences

what has happened with ashs 2-year commitment, he better start taking control or his bags will get packed for him. I'll give him a 1-year pass but that's it. this team was weak to begin with but it regressed as the year went on

Reactions: RU old timer

Drew was in a situation where his possible genius wasn't able to shine through. no qb, weak OL, and no playmakers. Hard for an offense to be successful when the right side of the OL is caved in nearly every snap. And going up against some of the best defenses and coordinators in the country, to boot.

Now contrast that with Lincoln Riley at Oklahoma, where he has playmakers, a huge line, and a great qb. And a talent advantage against most teams on the schedule. Would have loved to see what Drew could do with this years talent, but wasn't meant to be.

Keeping coaches, at any level is difficult. People move for all kinds of reasons. I have only ever been on 1 staff that stayed the same for more than 1 year. I coached on a team that went 3 years with the same staff. Then we won 10 games, went to the playoffs, and got fired. haha

pretty much everyone wanted the OC gone and he left for another job. Everyone was complaining that our running backs took a step backwards this year and he left. Both of these coaches where replaced with upgrades. Now an assistant DB coach leaves for a promotion and more money and we are turning this into Ash is hard to work for. Schiano was hard to work for, it is a little to early to make that call for Ash

Reactions: Wolv RU
Drew was in a situation where his possible genius wasn't able to shine through. no qb, weak OL, and no playmakers. Hard for an offense to be successful when the right side of the OL is caved in nearly every snap. And going up against some of the best defenses and coordinators in the country, to boot.

Now contrast that with Lincoln Riley at Oklahoma, where he has playmakers, a huge line, and a great qb. And a talent advantage against most teams on the schedule. Would have loved to see what Drew could do with this years talent, but wasn't meant to be.

I would agree that DM was handcuffed by the players that we had not fitting his offense. But, when I think of a genius, I think of someone that is able to overcome shortcomings. I felt like Drew was DETERMINED to hammer the square pegs through the round holes, instead of adapting the playbook to the personnel he had. I'm not suggesting changing the playbook if you're trying to install a new offense, but there had to be plays that were better suited to the current personnel than what we saw. I was looking for "wrinkles" for the players.

As far as coaches leaving, I get it; more money, promotions. The coaches are most accountable to their families and their own futures, but I also think it's okay that they show a bit of deference to the guy that gave them a chance. I felt DM and Kuhr left as an agreed upon "exit strategy". What bothers me with Henry is the timing. Does Watts follow him to NC State? Was Henry the lead recruiter for Acceus? I felt Ash was owed the respect of staying until signing day had passed. If Ash was on board with Henry leaving, then none of this matters, the one thing that I do know, is that I have no idea what actually happened.

The recruits lost were not the heart of the class, though they appear to be good players. As many have said before, get the kids here that WANT to be here. Truth be told if Henry leaving was the trigger for Watts decommitting, then it is likely that being here wouldn't have been the best idea for the young man anyway. Again, coaching changes all the time, but when you feel "at home" when you're away from home, that is the best option for any student or athlete.

pretty much everyone wanted the OC gone and he left for another job. Everyone was complaining that our running backs took a step backwards this year and he left. Both of these coaches where replaced with upgrades. Now an assistant DB coach leaves for a promotion and more money and we are turning this into Ash is hard to work for. Schiano was hard to work for, it is a little to early to make that call for Ash

Every successful coach is hard to work for, because he drives his people hard.

I would agree that DM was handcuffed by the players that we had not fitting his offense. But, when I think of a genius, I think of someone that is able to overcome shortcomings. I felt like Drew was DETERMINED to hammer the square pegs through the round holes, instead of adapting the playbook to the personnel he had. I'm not suggesting changing the playbook if you're trying to install a new offense, but there had to be plays that were better suited to the current personnel than what we saw. I was looking for "wrinkles" for the players.

As far as coaches leaving, I get it; more money, promotions. The coaches are most accountable to their families and their own futures, but I also think it's okay that they show a bit of deference to the guy that gave them a chance. I felt DM and Kuhr left as an agreed upon "exit strategy". What bothers me with Henry is the timing. Does Watts follow him to NC State? Was Henry the lead recruiter for Acceus? I felt Ash was owed the respect of staying until signing day had passed. If Ash was on board with Henry leaving, then none of this matters, the one thing that I do know, is that I have no idea what actually happened.

The recruits lost were not the heart of the class, though they appear to be good players. As many have said before, get the kids here that WANT to be here. Truth be told if Henry leaving was the trigger for Watts decommitting, then it is likely that being here wouldn't have been the best idea for the young man anyway. Again, coaching changes all the time, but when you feel "at home" when you're away from home, that is the best option for any student or athlete.

Geniuses often lack a most important skill to be successful in life: common sense. They also often lack the ability to self-assess and accept constructive criticism because they are used to being told they are the smartest person in the room.

One guy left for a demotion( I sense it was mutual) one guy fired and one guy left for a promotion
Not getting the OP

what has happened with ashs 2-year commitment, he better start taking control or his bags will get packed for him. I'll give him a 1-year pass but that's it. this team was weak to begin with but it regressed as the year went on

Where did he ever say this?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT