ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Jaden Jones signs with

well he's getting a shot and still is considered ( according to tweet)
possible NBA material

I had the opportunity to interact with Jaden's family several times at the RAC during his short stay on the banks. His father was wonderful with my elderly father, who was having health issues at the time. I'm sorry things didn't work out for Jaden at RU, regardless of the reason, but I wish him well and I hope he makes the best of his opportunity in Germany.

I had the opportunity to interact with Jaden's family several times at the RAC during his short stay on the banks. His father was wonderful with my elderly father, who was having health issues at the time. I'm sorry things didn't work out for Jaden at RU, regardless of the reason, but I wish him well and I hope he makes the best of his opportunity in Germany.

Not the first person to lose his way chasing a dream. Hope he does well and has a nice career.

He's still crazy young at 20.
By comparison, I believe Caleb is 24?
Clif is 23?

Obviously different players but just showing the age and development comparison.

He should have gone right to G-League/OTE or overseas from the beginning instead of college.

Good luck to him. We all have different paths in life and no hard feelings.

As far as I know, he didn’t cause any trouble, embarrass RU or say anything disparaging about his time at Rutgers.

I’m not sure why fans feel the need to do so about him.

These situations are always a reminder how competitive major D1 basketball is.

Good luck to him. Hope he makes some decent money overseas. I think the team pays for his housing too.

Looked them up on Wiki and Trevion Williams and LJ Figueroa are also on the team.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeapinLou
Good luck to him. We all have different paths in life and no hard feelings.

As far as I know, he didn’t cause any trouble, embarrass RU or say anything disparaging about his time at Rutgers.

I’m not sure why fans feel the need to do so about him.

These situations are always a reminder how competitive major D1 basketball is.

I think most fans were just perplexed by the situation. Seems like he got bad advice from someone and the NBA narrative was just silly. Hopefully he can carve out a nice career overseas.

@ChrisNalwasky how is this going? I’ve seen his name no where after the articles saying he signed.….surprise me, and say it is working out.

or is he playing 1v1 with Lloyd Daniels.

He might have missed his flight to germany. No sign of him playing any games last year fir German team he was supposed to be on

He might have bulked up and played on the defensive line for Florida State

Good news is i found Trevion Williams

He would of been a really nice piece year 2 or three. Great size, just was very timid Y1 and i guess thought he was an outright pro. Sad the dad steered him into a situation where he clearly didnt make it to Europe, wont make the NBA and blew a full scholarship to a great university.

He might have missed his flight to germany. No sign of him playing any games last year fir German team he was supposed to be on

He might have bulked up and played on the defensive line for Florida State

Good news is i found Trevion Williams
I think Jaden plays for their developmental team, not their primary team.

It was criminal Pike didn't give him minutes.
He is/wasn't getting any better or learning by sitting on the bench.
The staff was making a big mistake not playing him an opting for slower players that can't score.

😃

Reactions: bethlehemfan
If you are referring to 3 "supposedly" not in sync players on defense.....what happens if you increase Jones minutes....?? You will get double figures scoring, potentially way more threatening to the defense from perimeter and 3....

What happens if you bump Hyatt from 22 MPG to 28MPG.....?? You are essentially looking at 8.8PPG in 6 of the games where he played around 22MPG....adding another 5 to 6 minutes, means more getting into the game flow, likely adds another 4PPG.

These are what the numbers show....we can isolate this play or that play......I am not sure you are going to get 12 to 13PPG from Mulcahy, he's already at 33 minutes a game....

The math is pretty straightforward (to me).....sure, you may expect Jones to score more in the same amount of limited minutes, which is kinda unrealistic. I don't see a situation where we can ask RHJ to shoot 4 of 6 from 3 and get to 23 points most nights......

The only path (to me) is to spread the shots around, add more minutes per game to Jaden and Hyatt, so BOTH can get into double figure scoring.

Reactions: bethlehemfan
If you are referring to 3 "supposedly" not in sync players on defense.....what happens if you increase Jones minutes....?? You will get double figures scoring, potentially way more threatening to the defense from perimeter and 3....

What happens if you bump Hyatt from 22 MPG to 28MPG.....?? You are essentially looking at 8.8PPG in 6 of the games where he played around 22MPG....adding another 5 to 6 minutes, means more getting into the game flow, likely adds another 4PPG.

These are what the numbers show....we can isolate this play or that play......I am not sure you are going to get 12 to 13PPG from Mulcahy, he's already at 33 minutes a game....

The math is pretty straightforward (to me).....sure, you may expect Jones to score more in the same amount of limited minutes, which is kinda unrealistic. I don't see a situation where we can ask RHJ to shoot 4 of 6 from 3 and get to 23 points most nights......

The only path (to me) is to spread the shots around, add more minutes per game to Jaden and Hyatt, so BOTH can get into double figure scoring.

Im not sure I follow your post as it seems like you’re merging 2 different squads into one.

When Jones was with the team in 21-22, Hyatt was a 12 mpg guy as was Mag. You’d be taking minutes from either Caleb or Geo at the 3 or 2. Mag and Hyatt backed up Caleb and Ron at the 3 and 4.

Jaden’s offense wasn’t nearly as good as you think (or as sweet as it looks in an empty gym with a trainer). He needed time to develop. He didn’t get it because he got convinced he was a pro prospect when he wasn’t even among the top 7 players on that 21-22 roster.

Reactions: Big East Beast
Im not sure I follow your post as it seems like you’re merging 2 different squads into one.

When Jones was with the team in 21-22, Hyatt was a 12 mpg guy as was Mag. You’d be taking minutes from either Caleb or Geo at the 3 or 2. Mag and Hyatt backed up Caleb and Ron at the 3 and 4.

Jaden’s offense wasn’t nearly as good as you think (or as sweet as it looks in an empty gym with a trainer). He needed time to develop. He didn’t get it because he got convinced he was a pro prospect when he wasn’t even among the top 7 players on that 21-22 roster.
Jaden did make some nice training videos though, working on his 3 point shot by himself in an empty gym . . .

that was a quote from a game thread 3 years ago

Hysterical!

Reactions: RUDiddy777
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT