ADVERTISEMENT

Jayden Gardner

Needle mover. Will be a tough pull but this is the type of player that if you add, the tournament has to be the expectation (assuming Ron/Geo back)

This dude is going to be a HUGE pick up for someone. Two years to play.
I like Jayden a lot. He has almost averaged a double-double at ECU during his career. He is a terrific offensive rebounder. Having said that he is a below the rim player with a very limited face up game.

I wish the kid a lot of luck because he seems like a good guy and I really like how he plays. I just wonder how effective he'll be at the high-major level, with his lack of vertical athleticism and how many minutes per game he would play

I like Jayden a lot. He has almost averaged a double-double at ECU during his career. He is a terrific offensive rebounder. Having said that he is a below the rim player with a very limited face up game.

I wish the kid a lot of luck because he seems like a good guy and I really like how he plays. I just wonder how effective he'll be at the high-major level, with his lack of vertical athleticism and how many minutes per game he would play

Interesting take Russ, obviously you’ve seen him play more than I have, so thank you!

Reactions: Russ Wood

Fair take, I won’t pretend to have seen him much. But with our lack of frontcourt depth (particularly at the 4 spot), I’m inclined to think he’d get big minutes for us — even with those limitations

Reactions: Knight Ed

A la Deshawn Freeman?

Reactions: Mr Magoo
A la Deshawn Freeman?

His rebounds — 11 per 40 minutes — are comparable to Freeman’s, and I think most of us realize by now how underappreciated Freeman was in that respect. Offensively, he is at about 22 points per 40 minutes while Freeman was about 17. He shoots a higher percentage both from the floor and from the free-throw line. he is about Freeman’s size. I would love to see him land at RU.

That sounds like the Harrar scoring report.

Not a shot blocker and undersized. As I said before so we want to go back to the dark ages and play 2 bigs?

I don't know anything about Deshawn Freeman.

I left out one thing, Gardner is a pretty good FT shooting. Right around 75 percent for his career iirc.

Well then he's a bad fit for this team. I'm pretty sure if they shoot over 60%, Pike tells them to take a hike. Good FT shooting and Rutgers basketball are not compatible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT