ADVERTISEMENT

JoJo Aragona

If Ash wrestled as a freshmen, he may not have had a RS senior year. When would he have taken a RS then.

I get it’s entertaining to speculate but that’s about all it is. I’ll let JoJo go through his journey, whatever that is, and sit back & enjoy the ride. God’s plan. I do love this kid’s swagger though! He has a great attitude, too. Says all the right things. Fits right into R culture. It’s going to be easy & fun to root for him. Can’t wait...certainly be loud & proud when the time comes!

Carry on...:D

Go RU!
Diane

I get it’s entertaining to speculate but that’s about all it is. I’ll let JoJo go through his journey, whatever that is, and sit back & enjoy the ride. God’s plan. I do love this kid’s swagger though! He has a great attitude, too. Says all the right things. Fits right into R culture. It’s going to be easy & fun to root for him. Can’t wait...certainly be loud & proud when the time comes!

Carry on...:D

Go RU!
Diane

This all day long. I don’t know how Jo Jo will perform at the next level, but the kid has a tude’ that breeds confidence which we need desperately in this lineup.

Guys like DelVecchio, Theobod, and Perroti had that edge to them and it helped raise the energy of the entire lineup. I feel that our last few classes didn’t have that edge to them. I love what Jo Jo, Turley and Zach D bring to the room. Energy! I like Lipari a lot... great kid and came on strong late. He even gave Yani a run. Let’s see how things play out in November.

This all day long. I don’t know how Jo Jo will perform at the next level, but the kid has a tude’ that breeds confidence which we need desperately in this lineup.

Guys like DelVecchio, Theobod, and Perroti had that edge to them and it helped raise the energy of the entire lineup. I feel that our last few classes didn’t have that edge to them. I love what Jo Jo, Turley and Zach D bring to the room. Energy! I like Lipari a lot... great kid and came on strong late. He even gave Yani a run. Let’s see how things play out in November.
JB..well said! I will still maintain my position, that Ashnault would have easily qualify for NCAAs his freshman year. But as others had mentioned,he may have not gotten his 6th year of Eligibility if that happened. With respects to Aragona its the coaches choice if they think he's ready to go or not. I am a little sketchy lately with the coaches choices and wrestlers, and their readiness ala Glasgow.

JB..well said! I will still maintain my position, that Ashnault would have easily qualify for NCAAs his freshman year. But as others had mentioned,he may have not gotten his 6th year of Eligibility if that happened. With respects to Aragona its the coaches choice if they think he's ready to go or not. I am a little sketchy lately with the coaches choices and wrestlers, and their readiness ala Glasgow.

As far as Glasgow, and this has been thoroughly discussed before, I feel he was ready to compete and he was our best available option at that weight class (even though he was light). He was a much, much different wrestler pre-injury than he was post. I saw a dynamic and athletically talented individual prior to the injury. Afterwards, I saw a wrestler who was in pain, was indecisive, and relented to his opponent (sometimes very often). In the end, the coaches, physicians, trainers, Glasgow and the Glasgow's family could have stepped in and stopped him from competing. Nobody did that except for a handful of matches where he sat. Had he been healthy throughout, I feel he would have had a more respectable season (considering wrestling up a weight and his competition).

As far as Glasgow, and this has been thoroughly discussed before, I feel he was ready to compete and he was our best available option at that weight class (even though he was light). He was a much, much different wrestler pre-injury than he was post. I saw a dynamic and athletically talented individual prior to the injury. Afterwards, I saw a wrestler who was in pain, was indecisive, and relented to his opponent (sometimes very often). In the end, the coaches, physicians, trainers, Glasgow and the Glasgow's family could have stepped in and stopped him from competing. Nobody did that except for a handful of matches where he sat. Had he been healthy throughout, I feel he would have had a more respectable season (considering wrestling up a weight and his competition).
He wrestled because he was really our only option do to inept recruiting of the weight class. Even if Donner didn't get into the fight he's been a career backup, not B1G caliber. It turned into a wasted year. In an ideal situation ala Janzer he wrestles unattached and redshirts. Acclimating himself to college life and getting back to live wrestling in a competition setting, remember he hadn't done that in over a year. The deck was stacked against this kid succeeding before he even step onto the mat.

ADVERTISEMENT