ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Hall

This staff is always ahead of the services. That’s a reason they are good. They’ve been on Hall for a while. Which is much better than not being on a really really good player for a while.

If the now 5* visits RU as the plan, it still goes down as a 5* visit. That's pretty interesting to see what happens if and when the visit happens.

This staff is always ahead of the services. That’s a reason they are good. They’ve been on Hall for a while. Which is much better than not being on a really really good player for a while.
The services are a joke. There have been people literally made up from thin air that get 3* ratings because somebody says a high major team is interested.

There was the Samoan Football player a few years back. Several examples out there. However, there are people like Russ and DeAnte who are out there attending games, watching these players, and engaging with coaches that actually know what they are talking about.

Know the source, then evaluate the information.

Ahh, football recruiting. No wonder it didn't immediately come to mind. That sounds familiar tho. I guess I just moved on from it because I couldn't care less about football recruiting.
Nah, I've never heard or read about that before. OMG, that is one more reason for me to love Bobby Knight.

Way back in the 80's a sports talk host named Ken Beatrice got burned by a listener who called his show and asked him about a HS football player in West Virginia. Beatrice gave an evaluation of the kid then the listener told him that the kid didn't exist. The listener made up the kid, the school, everything about him.

If I've never seen a kid play and someone asks me about him, I just tell them that I've never seen the kid. It really is not that hard to say.

Reactions: DirtyRU and satnom
@Russ Wood

How do you think a guy like ja ja Morant in today’s day and age missed by both the college coaches and recruiting services.

How does a kid go from undiscovered to top2 draft pick in 18 months.

@Russ Wood

How do you think a guy like ja ja Morant in today’s day and age missed by both the college coaches and recruiting services.

I think it’s really just about timing of physical development in most cases.

@Russ Wood

Good question. I read an article where coaches who recruited him said they never expected him to be as good as he became. A couple of them thought that he was a sleeper.

Things changed for Morant after he performed really well at Chris Paul’s Elite Guard Camp following his freshman year.

Recruiting services likely missed him because they probably never saw him play (I know that I never saw him).

Reactions: biazza38
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT